Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I`ve built my first Hackintosh and I`m looking for a backup-solution for my systemdrive. A solution that can bring my computer back to where I left of at the latest backup and still having all programs, settings etc intact.

As I understand, TM can restore a systemdrive like this using OSRecovery, but will this work with an Hackintosh? Or are there other, better ways?

Note that I am NOT looking for backup for pictures, video etc, but for my whole systemdrive and a solution to restore it.

I`ve built my first Hackintosh and I`m looking for a backup-solution for my systemdrive. A solution that can bring my computer back to where I left of at the latest backup and still having all programs, settings etc intact.

As I understand, TM can restore a systemdrive like this using OSRecovery, but will this work with an Hackintosh? Or are there other, better ways?

Note that I am NOT looking for backup for pictures, video etc, but for my whole systemdrive and a solution to restore it.
Read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/backup-solutions-for-your-mac-or-customac.70173/

I have a 2TB Server Grade (bought it used on eBay) for Time Machine.

For "clones" I use a 512GB SSD with CloneZilla before I ever do any . updates just to be safe. This happens maybe once every 3-4 months.

I unplug the "cloned" SSD.

If you use something like Carbon Copy Cloner, I don't think it will backup the EFI partition with Clover in it, so a free util like CloneZilla will copy bit for bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back