Contribute
Register

Will this GPU work? -> Nvidia Quadro K4200

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s ok. I don’t see much if any difference between this GPU and some of the othe cards I own.

It good enough for the software I use for my work - AutoCAD 2018, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks CS6 and Microsoft Office 365.

I can’t get the DP to HDMI audio to work, so I use a Bose Solo 5 system for sound.

I’m not a gamer so have no idea how it would perform in that area.
Were you able to get the HD4600 to work with the nVidia K4200?

The Intel IGPU was/still is set to run ‘Headless’ in this system, i.e. only used for compute functions like the IGPU in a real Mac, with no display connected. This is accomplished using WhateverGreen.kext and the Haswell APPL-ig-platform-id=0B001204.

I have since my initial post moved the Quadro 4200 to a Skylake Xeon hack, to make better use of the workstation dGPU’s capabilities. It was overkill for a HTPC (Hack). The GeForce 710 dGPU I installed to replace the Quadro is a better fit for the HTPC.

I have since my initial post moved the Quadro 4200 to a Skylake Xeon hack, to make better use of the workstation dGPU’s capabilities. It was overkill for a HTPC (Hack). The GeForce 710 dGPU I installed to replace the Quadro is a better fit for the HTPC.
Does your Quadro K4200 need supplemental 6 pin power or does it get all it needs from the PCIe x16 slot ?

I see that they include this older style dual molex to 6 pin power cable with new ones. Some of these are going for under 100 USD these days which is a very low price in the used market. Even Amazon sells new unused K4200s for only $157. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MO4RFYE/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Screen Shot 14.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone interested in other 2nd Gen Kepler cards that still work, see this document:

Last edited:
The Quadro K4200 needs a supplemental 6 pin power connection.

Mine was an eBay purchase for £75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back