Contribute
Register

Will This GPU and PSU fit in an NCase M1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just ordered the following GPU & PSU for my Hackintosh build:
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW GAMING
SilverStone Technology 500W SFX-L
My question is, will both fit in my NCase M1? Here are the Compatability specs:

• Rear exhaust cards recommended, especially for cards with TDP greater than 150W. Look up your card's TDP (external link).
  • Max length: 12.5" (317mm) in slots 1 & 2; 11" (279mm) in slot 3
  • Max height (or width): For cards up to 12.5" (317mm) or cards in the third slot: 4.4" (111mm) For cards up to 11.5" (292mm) in the first or second slot: 5.5" (140mm) (4.7"/120mm at the PCIe power connectors)
  • Cards with PCBs that extend to the full height at the corners will not fit due to interference from the chassis. This includes the oversized ASUS Strix and Matrix series cards. See this post for more information.
  • For more detailed GPU size limitations, see this image.
I am new to Hackintoshing and simply don't understand all the jargon in the compatibility specs. Thanks in advance for the help!

Just ordered the following GPU & PSU for my Hackintosh build:
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW GAMING
SilverStone Technology 500W SFX-L
My question is, will both fit in my NCase M1? Here are the Compatability specs:

• Rear exhaust cards recommended, especially for cards with TDP greater than 150W. Look up your card's TDP (external link).
  • Max length: 12.5" (317mm) in slots 1 & 2; 11" (279mm) in slot 3
  • Max height (or width): For cards up to 12.5" (317mm) or cards in the third slot: 4.4" (111mm) For cards up to 11.5" (292mm) in the first or second slot: 5.5" (140mm) (4.7"/120mm at the PCIe power connectors)
  • Cards with PCBs that extend to the full height at the corners will not fit due to interference from the chassis. This includes the oversized ASUS Strix and Matrix series cards. See this post for more information.
  • For more detailed GPU size limitations, see this image.
I am new to Hackintoshing and simply don't understand all the jargon in the compatibility specs. Thanks in advance for the help!
It is very simple - your case OEM gave you the size of GPU you could install. You compare that to the dimensions of the GPU on the GPU OEM site. If the GPU is smaller than the case dimensions, it will fit.
The case OEM warned you away from some Asus cards because the cooling solution causes the overall dimensions of the GPU to exceed the maximum available space allowed for the GPU. The case OEM is also teling you that if the circuit board is as tall as the top of the bracket on the end that it will not fit.

With your chosen GPU, you will have a problem with heat - the case OEM recommends a rear exhaust GPU for a reason - lack of air flow space in the tight case.

It is very simple - your case OEM gave you the size of GPU you could install. You compare that to the dimensions of the GPU on the GPU OEM site. If the GPU is smaller than the case dimensions, it will fit.
The case OEM warned you away from some Asus cards because the cooling solution causes the overall dimensions of the GPU to exceed the maximum available space allowed for the GPU. The case OEM is also teling you that if the circuit board is as tall as the top of the bracket on the end that it will not fit.

With your chosen GPU, you will have a problem with heat - the case OEM recommends a rear exhaust GPU for a reason - lack of air flow space in the tight case.

Thank you very much for this clear and concise explanation. Perhaps you could recommend an alternative video card that would provide the same level of performance that has a rear exhaust? (I don't know how to identify a GPU as rear exhaust). OR, is there some sort of cooling solution you would recommend if I still use said GPU?

Thank you very much for this clear and concise explanation. Perhaps you could recommend an alternative video card that would provide the same level of performance that has a rear exhaust? (I don't know how to identify a GPU as rear exhaust). OR, is there some sort of cooling solution you would recommend if I still use said GPU?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487070 is an example of a rear exhaust GPU. Note the fan pulls air in from the case and blows it across the cooling fins and out the rear of the card where the display connections are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back