Contribute
Register

Will this build list work for Mojave 10.14.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, here is my current list, im hoping to replace my mac 2x 3.46 xeon 96gb ram build to something a little newer and faster. I was trying to avoid spoofing or as little work as possible.

i9 10900KF
be quiet! Pure Loop 280mm CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z590 Vision G ATX mobo
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64gb DDR4-3200 CL16
2x Crucial MX500 2tb SSD 2.5"
2x Western Digital Black SN850X 2tb PCIE 4.0 NVME
XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 6600 8GB
Fractal Design Pop air ATX
Corsair 750 full modular PSU
x3 be quiet! 120mm fans

I am hoping to just be able to run 10.14.6 as my legacy hardware can not run any higher and i am also hoping this build will run much faster then my older mac pro.

Thanks in Advance

XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 6600 8GB
This card only has support in Monterey or newer. Also, the Z590 chipset has no support in Mojave. It's much too new to run that. Even if you force it to work, CPU PM will be iffy and all the USB ports may not work optimally. You'll have to use older hardware for Mojave. You could use a Z390 Chipset board with an i9-9900K and have full Mojave support in the OS.

Last edited:
This card only has support in Monterey or newer. Also, the Z590 chipset has no support in Mojave. It's much too new to run that. You'll have to use older hardware for Mojave. You could use a Z390 Chipset board with an i9-9900K and have full Mojave support in the OS.

is there no way to run a 10900k in mojave? They are much cheaper then 9900k at the moment

is there no way to run a 10900k in mojave?
There is a way, by spoofing the CPU. Not too difficult. Search the site for how to do that.

I was trying to avoid spoofing or as little work as possible.
You did say this, so I offered the option that requires no spoofing. Z390 chipset with an i9-9900K.

You did say this, so I offered the option that requires no spoofing. Z390 chipset with an i9-9900K.
Yes that is fair, i was told by a user on another forum that 10900k was the highest i could go without spoofing that is why i was confused, any GPU recommendation for mojave?

Also when you say spoofing, are you faking the cpu meaning if i run the 10900k it will not run at maximum performance? Or?

GPU recommendation for mojave?
RX580 is fully supported OOB in Mojave.
when you say spoofing, are you faking the cpu meaning if i run the 10900k it will not run at maximum performance?
It will still perform perfectly well, no performance hit. It's just making macOS think it's 9th gen instead of tenth.

Here's a Z490 Golden build you could duplicate. These Asus Z490 boards are still available refurbished. Gigabyte Z490 boards are not in stock new either, only as refurbished.

Last edited:
Here's a Z490 Golden build you could duplicate.
Duplicate with a caveat: For Mojave, the dGPU, if any, must be Polaris or Vega, not Navi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back