Contribute
Register

Will there be noticable difference using Samsung 860 EVO SATA III rather than 970 Evo NVMe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a Windows workstation (Gigabyte Xtreme Z390, i9-9900K). Will there be noticeable difference in using the Samsung 860 Evo SATA III vs. the 970 Evo NvME?

Hi, I have a Windows workstation (Gigabyte Xtreme Z390, i9-9900K). Will there be noticeable difference in using the Samsung 860 Evo SATA III vs. the 970 Evo NvME?
Will depend on what you are doing. If you surf the internet, use social media and/or shop online, not much difference. If you will be editing 4K video that consists of very large files, yes a major difference. Anything else you do that involves moving large amounts of data is faster with NVMe.

[QUOTE
What about boot speed and opening applications ? Would it be noticeably faster with NVMe?
[/QUOTE]
Opening programs, not much. Boot times might improve by 3-5 seconds so not a huge difference. Also depends on which Sata SSD you compare to which NVMe drive.

Going from a spinner HDD to an SSD, sata or NVMe, is where it really makes everything seem so much faster than before the upgrade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back