Contribute
Register

Will the hardware be compatible with Mojave or high sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z370F Intel 8th Gen Gaming Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz 8th Gen CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB Graphics Card
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz 8th Gen CPU

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370F Intel 8th Gen Gaming Motherboard

RAM: Crucial 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2400MHz UDIMM CL17 Desktop RAM

Hard drive: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe 1.3 M.2 (2280) 3D V-NAND SSD

PSU: Corsair RM650i 80Plus Gold 650W Modular Power Supply

CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 V2 Liquid CPU Cooler - 2018

WIFI: TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless PCIe Adapter

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB Graphics Card

Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-04 Mid Tower Gaming Case - Black/Grey

Other than ram and PSU, other components are suggested in buyer's guide. But not sure if they will work or not.

PSU is fine. We cannot list every model and the guide gives different options at different price points for PSU models. WIFI and Bluetooth are about all that is known to work for your reference though.

Try the crucial website for the RAM. it might work, but a 2x8GB kit would be better and as your board has 4 RAM slots, it would be easy to add another matching 16GB kit later if you want to upgrade.

Last edited:
PSU is fine. Wee cannot list every model and the guide gives different options at different price points for PSU models. WIFI and Bluetooth are about all that is known to work for your reference though.

Try the crucial website for the RAM. it might work, but a 2x8GB kit would be better and as your board has 4 RAM slots, it would be easy to add another matching 16GB kit later if you want to upgrade.

HI Adrian,

Thank you for the reply. How do I tell if the crucial RAM is compatible with Apple system from the crucial website? Could you elaborate?

If you mainboard is compatible.
Then you only need to check if your ram is compatible with your mainboard.

Nvidia has not yet released Mojave drivers for 8,9 & 10 Series GPU cards.
Mojave uses Apple's new Metal 2 Graphics API for rendering the MacOS UI
Unfortunately Nvidia Web Drivers have no support for Metal 2 API

Nvidia will need to write and release all new GPU Drivers ..... and that may take some time.
We might not see them (if ever) till next year.

Best advice right now would be to stick with High Sierra which uses OpenGL for rendering the MacOS UI and use the current Nvidia Web Drivers which fully support HS. If you want to run Mojave you will need to use the Intel IGPU until Nvidia comes up with the goods.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back