Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After trying different things to improve my set up my computer does not turn completely off when I issue a shutdown. The fans stay on and the only way to shut them off is unplugging the AC cable. Deleted the extra folder and ran latest MB with same result. Any ideas before I do a total clean install? Thanks!

Khan said:
After trying different things to improve my set up my computer does not turn completely off when I issue a shutdown. The fans stay on and the only way to shut them off is unplugging the AC cable. Deleted the extra folder and ran latest MB with same result. Any ideas before I do a total clean install? Thanks!
Are you using a DSDT from the database?

Yes, I am using the FC version for the X58A-UD7 version 2.0 and the latest Bios. Now that I think about it, I did flash the card with the FD8 Bios some time ago and everything was working then. Maybe I should flash with FC again ?

Macman. Thanks for you answer. The problem was that I connected the keyboard to one of the USB 3.0 ports. This was giving me the problem. Kind of strange but I can reproduce the effect every time. This computer is rock solid and fast when I am not messing around with it. :rolleyes: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back