Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys / gals. Tomorrow i will / hopefully be installaing osx on my PC. What i am a bit worried about is how i choose my drivers as they a differnt on a mac...

My Spec:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP35-DS4

Ram: 4GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Hard drive: 500 GB

Net: Belkin wireless G Dongle.

CPU: 3.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded

So will this run mac osx?

When i click custom to install drivers and stuff which ones do i choose? as i am new to makeing a hackintosh.
Also, Will i be able to plug in my logitech quick chat pro headset, and download screen flow and cam twist?

I really need some help guy, as when i am going to go to collage to study computers and i really need to get my head arround mac.

If you could help, Great :)

Thanks, Josh.

Thanks mate soooo much. Im really looking forward to learning the os :) So i will prob have to get a new mac based wireless card? Any suggestions?

splosh2604 said:
Thanks mate soooo much. Im really looking forward to learning the os :) So i will prob have to get a new mac based wireless card? Any suggestions?

You didn't really give any info for your dongle...if the dongle works on a real mac, it'll work in a hack. Check the belkin site for your model to see if it is mac compatible.

Alternatively, this is a cool way of getting an Airport compatible wireless card for your hack: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1143

Ahh okay thanks. So like i said im new to making a hackintosh... atm i am in the "Installing" window on my Hack.
When it is all started up, what do i need to do to get it working? I know i have to install the drivers and stuff, but how?

Thanks.

Best approach:

- follow the iBoot/Multibeast guide, choosing the Easybeast option
- reboot and see what doesn't work
- search forum for solutions on anything that doesn't work...eg. search for GTX 260 if your graphics aren't working properly
- ask if you're stuck...reply to an existing thread related to your problem (having read all the advice available)...failing that, start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

okay so, i am still on the installing windows, and i think it is stuck... I put the OS on a Duel Layer disk? Will this effect the installation at all?

splosh2604 said:
okay so, i am still on the installing windows, and i think it is stuck... I put the OS on a Duel Layer disk? Will this effect the installation at all?

This site only supports installations using retail Snow Leopard discs, not copies.

okay :). what form will the drivers come in? i heard abouts kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back