Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,

So I have just discovered hackintosh and it looks really cool! Although I dont know if my hardware will support it

M/B: ASUS P8P67-M Pro
PSU: Corsair CX600 - 600w
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 CPU 3.10GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB
RAM: 12GB RAM
HDD: 1TB + 500GB

Also, can I dual boot with mac osx? I would still like to keep a copy of my windows 7.

thanks!

peterallenn said:
Hey,

So I have just discovered hackintosh and it looks really cool! Although I dont know if my hardware will support it

M/B: ASUS P8P67-M Pro
PSU: Corsair CX600 - 600w
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 CPU 3.10GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB
RAM: 12GB RAM
HDD: 1TB + 500GB

Also, can I dual boot with mac osx? I would still like to keep a copy of my windows 7.

thanks!

6950 video card is not supported under Mac OSX. No experience with Asus motherboards but I think it could work (may be with more effort than Gigabyte motherboards).

The board will work but the gfx card will NOT.

damn!

Well just out of curiosity, what is the best graphics card hackintosh supports?

ahh ok, well what does james mean by my motherboard will be more effort than a gigabyte motherboard?

also, if I was to get the graphics card, would it be possible to dual boot mac + windows?

thanks to all the help so far! :)

You would have to use a modded BIOS rom or use speedstepper from MB.

Asus mobos require an extra step inorder to install and get it working.

Yes, it will be able to dual boot Windows + OS X.

I believe they are a few success builds in the user build section.

Also as far as the graphics card. Depending on what you're using OS X for you could just run onboard graphics with your i5 and use your graphics card on the windows side.

that sounds like an option as I would prefer not to buy a graphics card just for this but how would I actually do that?

the i5-2400 uses Intel HD 2000, which is also unsupported in OSX. You will still need another graphics card, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back