Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo U410 i7
CPU
i7-3537U
Graphics
HD 4000
Hi, im just seeking advice to see if the build i have in mind and going to be purchasing in the next few days is suitable, easy to put to together and install OSX, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition
CPU Cooler: Corsair 120mm H80i
SSD: Samsung Pro 850 512gb x2
Storage HD: 3TB WD Green Caviar
Power Supply: Corsair AX760
Case: Fractual Design R4
WIFI Card: TP Link WDN4800
Blu-ray Drive: LG BH16NS40(the one in the buyers guide)
Firewire port: Startech PEX1394B3(according to a few thread, this is compatible?)

Will this be a suitable Hackintosh build?
Again, please any suggestions would be appreciated,
Thanks

So long as you are aware the GTX 970 is not supported natively in OS X and needs web drivers to work and you know to install with CPU gfx before inserting the GPU in the build you should be OK. For the firewire card see this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/59767-firewire-800-400-card-own-100-compatibility.html

Thank you for your response. Oh okay, i presumed the GTX 970 worked with out any probems as their on the buyers. Could you point me in the directions to the steps to install the GTX 970 successfully? Also could recommend any similar graphics cards as backup for me to look at?

Thank you for your response. Oh okay, i presumed the GTX 970 worked with out any probems as their on the buyers. Could you point me in the directions to the steps to install the GTX 970 successfully? Also could recommend any similar graphics cards as backup for me to look at?

Second paragraph on the Graphics cards page:

"All of the GeForce 'Maxwell' based graphics cards listed here besides the GeForce 'Kepler' based GT 740 require alternate NVIDIA graphics drivers to enable full acceleration. See here for details. Please note these cards will only work with OS X Yosemite and El Capitan."

Every card in the list except the GTX 740 models is a Maxwell card. Procedure to install Maxwell GPU is easy:
Install OS X with CPU gfx, shutdown
Insert GPU, connect power
Boot with CPU gfx
Install web drivers
Set GPU as default
Reboot to UEFI
Set GPU as first init display, save&exit, continue boot
Move the display cable from board connector to GPU connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back