Contribute
Register

Will I run into problems upgrading my processor? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
os x 10.10.1
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
gtx 770 4gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just installed os x yosemite 10.10.1 and everything is running perfect.

my current system is

CPU- Intel i5 4690k
Motherboard- MSI b85-641
ram - corsair vengeance 16gb
GPU- GtX 770 4gb windforce edition

I want to upgrade my cpu from a 4690k to an i7 4770k Since I got an incredible deal from a friend ( $250 )

I do a lot of video editing with premier and audio engineering with pro tools and adobe audition so the 8 threads will benefit me greatly.

Will it be easy as just swapping the Processor or do I need to do some reinstalling drivers with multi beast. Please help me since I am very new Hackintosh. I am hoping I can just change the processor without reinstalling anything

I just installed os x yosemite 10.10.1 and everything is running perfect.

my current system is

CPU- Intel i5 4690k
Motherboard- MSI b85-641
ram - corsair vengeance 16gb
GPU- GtX 770 4gb windforce edition

I want to upgrade my cpu from a 4690k to an i7 4770k Since I got an incredible deal from a friend ( $250 )

I do a lot of video editing with premier and audio engineering with pro tools and adobe audition so the 8 threads will benefit me greatly.

Will it be easy as just swapping the Processor or do I need to do some reinstalling drivers with multi beast. Please help me since I am very new Hackintosh. I am hoping I can just change the processor without reinstalling anything

Yes it should be just a drop in replacement. HOWEVER before attempting a swap like this you need to generate a recovery path in case things don't work for some reason. I would clone the system off to an external drive. If the system is dual boot, you need clones for for each OS. Test that the clones are bootable.

And remember to disconnect the power to PSU before touching anything inside the case.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back