Contribute
Register

Will I be able to boot on a new system with an SSD from an old system using MultiBeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-UD7 TH
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 660Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I currently have a build that is working with 10.6.8. I want to transfer my SSD boot drive to another build that follows the parts for a CustoMac Ivy Bridge MacBro build in the CustoMac build guide. Is it possible to transfer my hard drive and boot using multibeast or iBoot on the new build? I have a ton of music recording programs and plugins that would be a nightmare to recollect. Thank you guys so much in advance!

I currently have a build that is working with 10.6.8. I want to transfer my SSD boot drive to another build that follows the parts for a CustoMac Ivy Bridge MacBro build in the CustoMac build guide. Is it possible to transfer my hard drive and boot using multibeast or iBoot on the new build? I have a ton of music recording programs and plugins that would be a nightmare to recollect. Thank you guys so much in advance!

You might be able to get it to work, but it depends on how similar the two systems are. I'm guessing not very similar. So each system will need its own unique DSDT/smbios.plist/org.chameleon.boot.plist/SSDT, and set of kexts for the hardware installed.

And you probably don't want to run SL on Ivy for very long. So... what's the point?

You might be able to get it to work, but it depends on how similar the two systems are. I'm guessing not very similar. So each system will need its own unique DSDT/smbios.plist/org.chameleon.boot.plist/SSDT, and set of kexts for the hardware installed.

And you probably don't want to run SL on Ivy for very long. So... what's the point?

The point would be to get it to boot so I don't have to spend several days reacquiring all of the software and plugins and several more hours installing them.

It would be most convenient for me to transfer the hard drive over and get it to boot up and then update the OS to Mountain Lion.

The point would be to get it to boot so I don't have to spend several days reacquiring all of the software and plugins and several more hours installing them.

It would be most convenient for me to transfer the hard drive over and get it to boot up and then update the OS to Mountain Lion.

Convenient perhaps... if it works at all. And if it only sort of works, you spend a bunch of time troubleshooting intractable problems that wouldn't have been there with a fresh install.

I've heard of people attempting such "updates" and they always end badly.

Convenient perhaps... if it works at all. And if it only sort of works, you spend a bunch of time troubleshooting intractable problems that wouldn't have been there with a fresh install.

I've heard of people attempting such "updates" and they always end badly.

Thank you very much for your help! At least I know what I'm getting myself into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back