Contribute
Register

Will GigaByte GeForce GTX 660 work in OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the GTX 660 installed in my system (Mav 10.9.1 - Gigabyate Z77-DS3H board) and it works fine.

Be aware though that the card's speed won't clock down from abt 1 Ghz once you have looked at a picture with preview. Normal clock speed is 324 Mhz, with usual low power consumption. This changes when usuing e.g. preview to abt 1 Ghz, power cons. goes up. Everybody with this type of card and similar ones from NVIdia are wating for new drivers

Regards Manfredo

I have the GTX 660 installed in my system (Mav 10.9.1 - Gigabyate Z77-DS3H board) and it works fine.

Be aware though that the card's speed won't clock down from abt 1 Ghz once you have looked at a picture with preview. Normal clock speed is 324 Mhz, with usual low power consumption. This changes when usuing e.g. preview to abt 1 Ghz, power cons. goes up. Everybody with this type of card and similar ones from NVIdia are wating for new drivers

Regards Manfredo

Because of the Mavericks 10.9 Update?

--> Because of the Mavericks 10.9 Update?

No, it starts with 10.9 already- Problems is missing web drivers from Nvidia. There are money discussions re this here and elsewhere. A number of clever people trying to cirucmvent this.
regards Manfredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back