Register

Will dual booting harm my other os

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJH said:
ER800 said:
AJH said:
Whats wrong with installing it on my hdd theres no os on it

installing windows on is own hd make it more simple and won't erase your chimera boot file.

But i have two drives my ssd with mac and my hdd with my files on it if i made another partion on my hdd and installed windows what problems will that cause

If I not mistaken windows will install is boot file on the primary disk set in your bios,

You can go in your bio and change the primary disk to the one you want to install windows.

suggestion : If you really want to install windows on a partition, unplug your osx hd before and backup your personal file etc before doing a partition on your second hd

Thanks I shall be doing this Tomorrow

I installed windows 7 to a ssd and then OSX to a hdd. OSX works now but I can't boot into windows. Do you think installing OSX caused problems for the windows install even though they were on separate drives?

What problems are you getting what error is it

It may have done if you left the Windows HDD in while installing OSX.
But when you boot OSX, if you press any key to stop the timer, then choose the Windows System Reserved Partition itll boot into Windows.

AJH said:
What problems are you getting what error is it

When I try to boot to the SSD from BIOS it says please select a correct bootdrive or something. Then when I go through Chimera it says "bootmgr" is missing. Is there anyway to revert this change or will I need to reinstall Windows 7? I didn't think if the OS's were on different drives they would write to each other...

jasjeet said:
It may have done if you left the Windows HDD in while installing OSX.
But when you boot OSX, if you press any key to stop the timer, then choose the Windows System Reserved Partition itll boot into Windows.

I did leave the SSD (Win 7) drive in when I installed OSX. Like I said above though I can't boot from Chimera either.

Are you sure chimera is installed

My post was misleading, Chimera is installed and I can still load OSX. But when I load my SSD drive (Win 7) from the Chimera menu that's when I get the "BOOTMGR" is missing error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back