Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hi,

I was just wondering, I recently ordered an AR5B195 combo card (contains AR9285 WiFi and AR3011 Bluetooth). The card lists support for Bluetooth 3.0 HS, so I was wondering if that would work with the new Continuity/Handoff features in Yosemite.

If not, are there any reasons fundamentally blocking development of a kext, dsdt patch, etc. that would enable this goal?

Hi,

I was just wondering, I recently ordered an AR5B195 combo card (contains AR9285 WiFi and AR3011 Bluetooth). The card lists support for Bluetooth 3.0 HS, so I was wondering if that would work with the new Continuity/Handoff features in Yosemite.

If not, are there any reasons fundamentally blocking development of a kext, dsdt patch, etc. that would enable this goal?

Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...apple-mini-cards-pcie-mini-pcie-adapters.html

Is the fundamental obstacle that the Handoff software itself does not support Atheros cards? Why isn't it possible to fix this, e.g. by a hex edit?

Is the fundamental obstacle that the Handoff software itself does not support Atheros cards? Why isn't it possible to fix this, e.g. by a hex edit?

I don't know the details, but I assume the BT implementation is not complete/correct enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back