Contribute
Register

Will Apple Ever Update the Mac Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Apple still value the Professional user (Graphics and Editing) then it would make sense to update the Mac Pro but I think Mac is just about income streams now and lets be honest there's a lot more profit in other area's.

Solidww said:
If the Mac PRO is dropped. Will we still be able to build a hackintosh?

why not, as long as apple sells imacs and macminis we are able to build a hackintosh.

Apple is slowly phasing out all Macs except for the iMac and MacBook Air. Not to mention, there are some "rumors" that Apple will ditch x86 for ARM in a couple years as well. I'm sorry people, but that's how it is going to be.

Such a phaseout has to be slow as it would render current macs useless.

Solidww said:
I wouldn't blame em. Those ARM chips are fast at rendering out files. I am using a single core but can only imagine a Dual or Quad.

look at the iPad3 (A5X), its a Dual Core ''Cortex-A9'' in license from ARM and has a
PowerVR-SGX543MP4 GPU made by Samsung.

more information to ARM:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture

All the pieces are finally in place for Apple to launch a new Mac Pro if they wanted. The Xeon E5-2600 line is out, nVidia has launched their GTX 680 series, AMD has the Radeon 7000 series out and Intel's Cactus Ridge Thunderbolt controllers are shipping. At this juncture, only two things I see would be holding a new Mac Pro back from release are 4k displays (Sharp just starting manufacturing a 32" panel) and Mountain Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back