Contribute
Register

Will a RX 560 Work with Photoshop and Indesign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270 TUF MARK 2
CPU
I5-7600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Quick question for the Sapphire 570 users among us. I have a EVGA 760 OC installed and I'm thinking about replacing it with the Pulse 570. Anyone using that card with Photoshop and Indesign ??? the Nvidia 760 seems to have a problem with Adobe apps and these are basically the main two apps I use. I have two Dell 2716D monitors attached as well.

Same monitor as mine :)

does Indesign show up as supported graphics acceleration in its preferences ??? Photoshop does with my 760 but Indesign does not, says it is unsupported.

Photoshop will be fine.

InDesign most likely not. I can't even get it to recognize my Vega FE in the Preferences (GPU setting is just greyed out). It's very picky. I was never able to get GTX980Ti, GTX1080, RX560, RX580 to ever be seen in InDesign. I think it's tied to maybe MacBook Pro's. I am not sure if CC2019 has better support, I have tested in CC2018 only.

Anyway, InDesign doesn't really need hardware acceleration, but Photoshop definitely needs some to fly around large comps in a speedy manner.

Oh just make sure to NOT get the XFX version of the RX560...Sapphire is good. Also get the 4GB version, it comes in handy for Photoshop...it costs a tiny bit more than the 2GB version and worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys
one last thing, I presume I will be OK running dual monitors no problem as I am doing now with the Nvidia 760 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back