Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw I found very short and easy guide for configuring iMessage. https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

I tried asmedia ports(with charging enabled in uefi). No message from asmedia ports. I get error(power) message from Intel and FL1100 ports.
I guess no message from the ASMedia ports also means that the drive doesn't work. Have you tried googling for a DSDT patch to see if you can fix power to your USB ports when using OS X? Or get an optical drive from the Buyers Guide that'll work?
btw I found very short and easy guide for configuring iMessage. https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/
P1LGRIMS thread is also a very concise mini guide for fixing iMessage with great explanations on how to...

I noticed that if I plug USB radio transmitter(keyboard and mouse) and USB pen drive to the same USB header. usn transmitter will not have enough power to hold a stable connection to wireless devices.

... Have you tried googling for a DSDT patch to see if you can fix power to your USB ports when using OS X? Or get an optical drive from the Buyers Guide that'll work?
I know very little about DSDT patching. Can you point me out where and what I should look for? I assumed that apple made devices should work oob.

P1LGRIMS thread is also a very concise mini guide for fixing iMessage with great explanations on how to...
. Did apple changed something in their "Serial Number" tracking/monitoring system? I tried checking around 30 different SN on apple website, all of them game error mesage "invalid serial number"

I know very little about DSDT patching. Can you point me out where and what I should look for? I assumed that apple made devices should work oob.

. Did apple changed something in their "Serial Number" tracking/monitoring system? I tried checking around 30 different SN on apple website, all of them game error mesage "invalid serial number"
You need to extract your native DSDT to patch it. You can extract it using MacIASL. For patches see PJALM's DSDT Patches, google and DSDT section of the forum. Invalid S/N means its not being used or registered so it shouldn't conflict with a real Mac S/N.

hey wildwillow,
I was just about to start with your guide and already have a dumb question about the very beginning of the UniBeast USB. You wrote the following:
Use this View attachment config.plist for the install, swap out the config.plist on the UniBeast USB.

I can't see a "config.plist" file on my UniBeast "USB" partition that I could replace with yours.
UniBeast was successful and did not give me any error during creation.
Here is a screenshot of my "USB" partition:
http://imgur.com/aYIk6RZ

OR do I have to replace the config.plist from the second partition "EFI"?
http://imgur.com/N7Fteza

sorry, I'm hell of a beginner on this thing. also I sometimes don't get all of it even though it's written down, because English is not my mother tongue.
thanks in advance!

OR do I have to replace the config.plist from the second partition "EFI"?
Hi stan99.
Yes you can replace it with the config.plist located on the EFI partition of your UniBeast drive.

you have to replace the config.plist from the second partition "EFI".
Hi stan99.
Yes you can replace it with the config.plist located on the EFI partition of your UniBeast drive.

thanks wildwillow and BulatM!
took me an awful lot of time building the machine and setting OSX up (nearly screwed it up twice at the bluetooth part :D) but now I have a running system. I couldn't be more happy!
a big shout-out to your impeccable and awesome guide, wildwillow.
I really appreciate the effort you put into writing it down. thank you, sir :)

for some reason bluetooth is not really working. it connects to the desired device (iPhone) but only for a couple of seconds and then it disconnects again. don't know why. maybe because in the country code option I chose "DE" (for Germany) even though I am actually in Austria. tried to look into the full guide you provided, but it was a little bit too complicated for me to find out if "AT" (for Austria) would be my appropiate country code or something else. bluetooth is not that important for me right now.

but one thing I'd like to achieve is audio output from the motherboard to a 5.1 sound system.
do I have to install the "audio_cloverALC-110.command" that you mentioned in post #306 to "Wolfie81"?
OR does this interfere with the installed HDMI audio from your main guide? Because HDMI audio works like a charm and I really don't want to break it. any suggestions? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back