Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Using a DVI to DVI, I also ve a hdmi to hdmi and a dell monitor
Test using an HDMI to HDMI cable. Could you post the dell monitor model number?

Last edited:
I tried to follow your USB SSDT method, but the IOreg did not react in any way when inserting a USB stick so since I have connected the case USB ports to the exact same headers as you have, I just used your SSDT-USB.aml and it seems to work well.

A couple of comments to your USB SSDT guide:
  1. The USB 2 header marked on your motherboard illustration is named USB1112 on the board if anybody should be in doubt which one of the 2 headers they should use to match your setup.

2. When saving the file from MaciASL, the program does not append the .aml filetype to the name. I suppose the file is to be named SSDT-USB.aml to function properly(?).

The USB 2 header marked on your motherboard illustration is named USB1112 on the board if anybody should be in doubt which one of the 2 headers they should use to match your setup.
Yes thats correct, USB1112. I guess you've got USB 2 and USB 3 on your case?
When saving the file from MaciASL, the program does not append the .aml filetype to the name. I suppose the file is to be named SSDT-USB.aml to function properly(?).
If the SSDT is compiled and saved in ACPI Machine Language Binary it will save it as aml. If you were to use the extension .dsl it would want to use .aml. You can check your IOReg to see if it is working properly by removing it, restarting and comparing IOReg's.

Yes thats correct, USB1112. I guess you've got USB 2 and USB 3 on your case?
Yep. I have the Fractal Design Define R5 that sports 2 USB 2 and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the top of the front. It is a great case for air cooling (and water cooling as well).

If the SSDT is compiled and saved in ACPI Machine Language Binary it will save it as aml. If you were to use the extension .dsl it would want to use .aml. You can check your IOReg to see if it is working properly by removing it, restarting and comparing IOReg's.
Odd... I had to append the .aml manually in Finder after saving the file from MaciASL. I did check it and my IOReg resembles yours complete.

Yep. I have the Fractal Design Define R5 that sports 2 USB 2 and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the top of the front. It is a great case for air cooling (and water cooling as well).
Odd... I had to append the .aml manually in Finder after saving the file from MaciASL. I did check it and my IOReg resembles yours complete.
Fractal cases are very good, I've built several systems with the Fractal Define R4, superb quality and sound proofing. Its great that your case has the same USB ports, no messing with the USB port detection and straight into compiling. If the IOReg is the same then we've got a 99% working system, just need to investigate sleep.
I've added USB1112 header to Post#1, I thought the picture would help but this will avoid confusion.

Yahoooo!!!! Thank a ton!!! I'm Up n running.....

UR Great!!! Ur Feedback was in time & u Written a Amazing Guide....
IMG_2868.jpg
IMG_2869.jpg

I followed this guide and installed around 15 times already, I don't mind doing it, and I get it working almost every time. But my motherboard is either faulty or something(i don't know), but i get q00 codes and A0 codes, and system just not booting (no positing, just black screen) unless I reflash bios. Now, I lost my faith in Asus.
I learned a lot about hackintosh from this guide and this forum, but I also want to be able to use my computer.

I am thinking about changing my motherboard as it gives me a lot of headache.

What motherboard would you suggest for my components?

My components:
INTEL Core i7-6700K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT(I don't like it, pump is very noisy)
ASUS STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5-GAMING, GTX 980 Ti, 6144МБ, GDDR5
RAM: Kingston DDR4 8Gb 2800 MHz pc-22400 HyperX Savage X 2 = 16GB
SSD 2.5" 500 Gb Samsung 850 EVO
PSU Corsair RM1000 1000W
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 450D
Bunch of Noctua PWM coolers
Apple Magic Keyboard White Bluetooth
Apple Magic Trackpad 2 Silver Bluetooth
Monitor: Dell UltraSharp UP2516D

I have already ordered broadcom bcm94360cd with adapter.

I am not going to install windows.

As I understand from this form, Gigabyte motherboard used to be top choice for mackintosh computers, why is everybody suddenly using Asus motherboards?

Last edited:
But my motherboard other salty or something, but i get q00 codes and A0 codes, and system just not booting (no positing, just black screen) unless I reflash bois.

You are well within your warranty to get it looked at or replaced at no cost if it is deemed faulty by your supplier, if you bought it from Amazon their returns policy is great and you should have no trouble. To be honest I would recommend this motherboard. Get a replacement and give it another shot. Its working in every way needed without extra cost. All USB, bluetooth, wifi, M.2 at advertised speeds. Don't be afraid to get a replacement. You won't be the first person and you won't be the last.

As I understand from this form, Gigabyte motherboard used to be top choice for mackintosh computers, why is everybody suddenly using Asus motherboards?

Gigabyte used to be the only choice in the Buyers Guide at one stage due to them not needing a modified BIOS to unlock the MSR's. Today every manufacturer has their BIOS MSR's unlocked giving us a greater variety of manufacturers to choose from. We were still able to install on them all. NullCPUPowermanagement.kext used to work for the locked boards even without a modded BIOS.

I've used Gigabyte, MSI and Asus motherboards and they are all great in their own way. I would find it very hard to pick a favourite out of the 3. They've all been super boards. If I were to buy one of them again, I'd go for the Asus Z170 Deluxe as it gives full functionality out of the box with a few little tweaks documented in Post#1.

If you really want to choose another board I'd be happy to look with you. But I'd like you to succeed with the Z170 Deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back