Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working fine now. If I am going to be picky, when I put it to sleep starts a wake-and-sleep continuous cycle, but it is not important because it goes to sleep alone fine when left untouched.

Great build!!. Very happy!!.

Ah, and yes, Asus includes now the screws for both samsung 951 drives.

my verbose screen shots are attached below
farid007, so you've installed OS X El Capitan and then booting your installation drive from the UniBeast USB you get stuck with these screen shots in verbose.

Thank you for USB ssdt, I will try it tomorrow.
Does anyone straggling with 00 q code? I am really frustrated with this motherboard.
I am getting 00 q code error and blank sreen, can't even boot into bios. Apparently this issues is quite common along asus motherboards.
My old ASUS Z77 deluxe board ended in the landfill after a Q code 00 along with the CPU_LED lit up upon power on.
Q code 00 is listed as "Not in use" in the manual but somewhere I read that 00 along with the CPU_LED was a sign of either a faulty CPU or faulty PSU.

Working fine now. If I am going to be picky, when I put it to sleep starts a wake-and-sleep continuous cycle, but it is not important because it goes to sleep alone fine when left untouched.
Great build!!. Very happy!!.
Ah, and yes, Asus includes now the screws for both samsung 951 drives.
Sleep, that was something else I was going to test in 10.11.4. At the moment I'm running off both the 970 and HD530 due to testing with the integrated graphics configuration. Glad you've installed again successfully. A good thing to do now is back up your EFI folder. I found it necessary to back up OS X in the past but now with Clover you can get back into OS X from another EFI folder or even the UniBeast USB incase the one on your installation drives goes south.

I guess Asus saw my big bag of screws from China and wanted in on the action. Haha!

farid007, so you've installed OS X El Capitan and then booting your installation drive from the UniBeast USB you get stuck with these screen shots in verbose.

No as guided by u, i do my 1st installation with the USB and then swap it with my SSD.... the Screen Shots ive sent u are the one when i booted from my SSD.

Everytime i get a Black screen i cant get back to my installation and ive to start over... so ive started again.... lol installed my drivers by multi beast till the step where i need to install Nvidia drivers.....

to be more clear ive installed the osx el capitan its only when i install the Nvidia Web driver and restart i get stuck with a BlckScren

to be more clear ive installed the osx el capitan its only when i install the Nvidia Web driver and restart i get stuck with a BlckScren
Thanks,
So you install the nvidia web driver, disable Apple's graphics device policy. Restart to a black screen only when you have accelerated graphics. Ok, what cable are you using from your 970 to your monitor, what monitor? what are the connections either end? i.e DVI, HDMI, DP and VGA(not supported) are there any adapters?

This works like a charm. Warm thoughts going out to you and toleda :clap:
Yeah you wouldn't believe what toleda's script does and how many system types can be configured for HDMI audio with it. The latest script is so good. I've been testing it over the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I'm Using a DVI to DVI, I also ve a hdmi to hdmi and a dell monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back