Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am not been able to Install my Graphic Card, after following all da steps when i get to install my Nvidias web driver after that i boot it takes me to a black screen [...]
A crazy shot in the dark, but did you try turning the monitor off and back on after black screen boot? This solved my issue with my Dell monitor going black after boot...

I think I know where I screwed up....the part that says: "Now you need to add a couple patches to config.plist/KernelandKextPatches/KextsToPatch. Copy and paste the patches from this View attachment config.plist:Wifi=BT:CC.plist Credits for these patches are in the comments section of the .plist. Save your config.plist and restart the system."

Before I just copied the whole thing and pasted it. But now I see they are similar files with identical sections, and that only the KernelandKextPatches/KextsToPatch section of the config.plist has to be changed. Do we replace the whole KernelandKextPatches/KextsToPatch section or only a part of it?. It is not clear...

In the config.plist there are four patches, and in the file you provide there are five, and they are different....

Hi wildwillow!

I really appreciate this post, you were very elaborate, but for me it could not have been elaborate enough.

I decided to start my first hackintosh based on your components and your guide, much appreciated! I did it almost the same as yours, but with a GTX770 and then a TitanX and two Samsung 950PRO's (one win, one mac, so i needed to get the kext for those). I wanted to thank you for this guide as I am running very smooth. I also have a Mac Pro Trashcan, and needed expandability. Damn this device nails it, the samsung 950 pro's are insane, >>1000mb/s RW.
Regarding the standoff screws you didn't have, there were 2x sets in the motherboard box with me.

Stability is just 100.0%. Been throwing at it everything i can for a week now. I predict hackintoshes might get a more popular..

So get that Samsung 950 Pro because of this:

Hi TimZaman, welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the feedback, and you're welcome. Yeah the 950 pro's are super quick, similar read speeds as both my drives yet my smaller boot drives have restricted write speeds. But still faster than any SSD outside of RAID. Lucky you getting the standoff screws, maybe as you've bought the board later Asus realised that they were sending out half the parts needed. Thanks for posting your results.

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck yet...... doing a fresh installation again... Im not gonna give up :)
Don't give up, post your verbose screen shots if it stalls this time around when booting with -v. I'll try my best to help you get OS X installed. Rooting for you.

Last edited:
I think I know where I screwed up....the part that says: "Now you need to add a couple patches to config.plist/KernelandKextPatches/KextsToPatch. Copy and paste the patches from this View attachment config.plist:Wifi=BT:CC.plist Credits for these patches are in the comments section of the .plist. Save your config.plist and restart the system."

Before I just copied the whole thing and pasted it. But now I see they are similar files with identical sections, and that only the KernelandKextPatches/KextsToPatch section of the config.plist has to be changed. Do we replace the whole KernelandKextPatches/KextsToPatch section or only a part of it?. It is not clear...

In the config.plist there are four patches, and in the file you provide there are five, and they are different....

Don't replace the KextsToPatch section, add to it using a plist editor of your choice, Clover Configurator is simple to add patches to this section of the config.plist. The external icons patch isn't required but I leave it in, so there is a KernelandKextPatches/KextsToPatch section. I made a mistake of not having it in the earlier days using Clover and couldn't work out why automated scripts could not write to that section.

For anyone interested, I've add a section in Post#1 about enabling/disabling certain Intel USB ports that you have connected to your case. This allows you to remove -uia_exclude_ss which makes Intel USB3.0 USB speeds run at USB2.0 speeds. First time I've done it today as I rarely use USB devices but for the build I thought it had its place.
If you're happy with the way your system is configured then leave it as it is.

Thank you for USB ssdt, I will try it tomorrow.
Does anyone straggling with 00 q code? I am really frustrated with this motherboard.
I am getting 00 q code error and blank sreen, can't even boot into bios. Apparently this issues is quite common along asus motherboards.

my verbose screen shots are attached below

Attachments

• IMG_2866.jpg
    IMG_2866.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2867.jpg
    IMG_2867.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
Thank you for USB ssdt, I will try it tomorrow.
Does anyone straggling with 00 q code? I am really frustrated with this motherboard.
I am getting 00 q code error and blank sreen, can't even boot into bios. Apparently this issues is quite common along asus motherboards.
Let me know how you get on with it, please check your ports before using it, you may need to make adjustments to optimise your configuration. I've not even seen that error code. What does it relate to in the motherboard manual? Is it a post error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back