Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tested my SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB speeds and it's only around 30-40 MB/s while on my Macbook Pro 11,1 I can get between 155 MB/s and 249 MB/s. Is there anyway to improve read and write speeds?

You have a number of alternate choices to get better speeds with your SanDisk Extreme.
At this point you are probably connected to an Intel USB 3.0 port on your case.

Options :
1. -uia_exclude_ss downgrades Intel USB 3 to USB 2.0 speeds and is associated with USBInjectAll.kext. Remove -uia_exclude_ss and add the USB raise port limit patch to your config.plist (not recommended for a permanent solution). See Step7 here http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...21-10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.html

2. Create a custom SSDT to either enable or disable certain ports to keep below Apple's port limit of 15. Continue on with Step7+ for more information.

3. Use the ASMedia ports on the rear of the motherboard.

At the moment Post#1 configuration for USB works very well for my needs but I do plan to create a custom SSDT for USB in the future.

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Damn!!. I just allowed the system to update (seemed harmless, itunes and imovie and little else), but now El capitan refuses to boot. I get the apple logo and the progress bar going slower and slower. Is there an easy fix or I have to reinstall everything again?.

Damn!!. I just allowed the system to update (seemed harmless, itunes and imovie and little else), but now El capitan refuses to boot. I get the apple logo and the progress bar going slower and slower. Is there an easy fix or I have to reinstall everything again?.

iTunes and iMovie updates shouldn't cause your install to break. You're running 10.11.4 the same as me and I'm up to date without a hiccup. From what you've posted it is not a kernel panic. Seems like its hanging somewhere. Best thing to do at this point is to boot in verbose by adding -v to your boot flags at start up, Space bar at Clover boot menu/Options/Boot Args. You'll see lines of text. When it stops take a clear picture of the entire screen and post it here so we can take a look.

iTunes and iMovie updates shouldn't cause your install to break. You're running 10.11.4 the same as me and I'm up to date without a hiccup. From what you've posted it is not a kernel panic. Seems like its hanging somewhere. Best thing to do at this point is to boot in verbose by adding -v to your boot flags at start up, Space bar at Clover boot menu/Options/Boot Args. You'll see lines of text. When it stops take a clear picture of the entire screen and post it here so we can take a look.

It hangs at "Missing Bluetooth controller transport". Just before actualization I had to do the "go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet." to be able to login into the apple store. I added later ethernet and wifi, but found no bluetooth to be added and left it without it. I guess was that.

It does not start without caches, nor in secure mode.

IMG_20160501_162448_zpszxx447zu.jpg

It hangs at "Missing Bluetooth controller transport"

Looks like a graphics issue, could you check your BIOS and make sure that Advanced>System Agent>Configuration>Primary Display is set to PEG. Next at the Clover boot menu hit the space bar, navigate to Options/Boot args and type nv_disable=1. Could be that your graphics drivers have defaulted to OS X when you we need the alternative nvidia drivers.

PEG was correctly set and nv_disable doesn't do anything. Looks like I'll have to reinstall. Oh well.

PEG was correctly set and nv_disable doesn't do anything. Looks like I'll have to reinstall. Oh well.
The "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" is the last thing to display before graphics are initialised. What ever you've done to your system is preventing graphics from loading. I've got no other suggestions to repair your system other than to reinstall.

I too am not been able to Install my Graphic Card, after following all da steps when i get to install my Nvidias web driver after that i boot it takes me to a black screen, i've even tried theAGDPfix but its of no use... My CPU is active but not display :( ....
So ive reinstalled 3 times but the same problems continue... so now ive not install my web driver and im stuck to this shitty dislpay showing intel HD 4600 1536 MB..... could plsz try helping me....

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 171
I too am not been able to Install my Graphic Card, after following all da steps when i get to install my Nvidias web driver after that i boot it takes me to a black screen, i've even tried theAGDPfix but its of no use... My CPU is active but not display :( ....
So ive reinstalled 3 times but the same problems continue... so now ive not install my web driver and im stuck to this shitty dislpay showing intel HD 4600 1536 MB..... could plsz try helping me....

If you boot with nv_disable=1 are you able to get to the desktop? If the AGDPFix is not working, test manually by taking out Apples graphics device policy using Problem 4 - Method 2 here : Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hi wildwillow!

I really appreciate this post, you were very elaborate, but for me it could not have been elaborate enough.

I decided to start my first hackintosh based on your components and your guide, much appreciated! I did it almost the same as yours, but with a GTX770 and then a TitanX and two Samsung 950PRO's (one win, one mac, so i needed to get the kext for those). I wanted to thank you for this guide as I am running very smooth. I also have a Mac Pro Trashcan, and needed expandability. Damn this device nails it, the samsung 950 pro's are insane, >>1000mb/s RW.
Regarding the standoff screws you didn't have, there were 2x sets in the motherboard box with me.

Stability is just 100.0%. Been throwing at it everything i can for a week now. I predict hackintoshes might get a more popular..

So get that Samsung 950 Pro because of this:
ssd_nvme_950_pro.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back