Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a shame about your monitor, is there any way to disable or prolong connectivity power saving in the Dell menu?
None that I can find... What I can do is changing the DP port on the monitor to DP 1.1 instead of 1.2 but running it is DP 1.1 I wont see the post nor the Clover boot menu. Screen is black until login screen. This would work if I was only running Mac OS...

Hold fire for HDMI audio, I've tested the script for HDMI on my GTX970 with the same result. I've let toleda know of this. Good luck with wifi and BT.
Great, thx again!

I followed your new WiFI/BT guide and it all went well! I tested BT by pairing my Android phone and sending pictures which landed perfectly in the Downloads folder.
For Wifi 5Ghz is much slower than 2.4Ghz, but I have suspected my ISP router for being a bit off on the 5Ghz band for some while now.
Looking through the config.plist you have provided in the WiFi/BT guide and comparing it to my own I did notice that mine have entries for AppleHDA whereas yours have none...

I have another small issue. More often than not my keyboard is not recognised when booting and I have to re-attach it again to the ASUS specific keyboard port on the back. Do you have this issue as well?

None that I can find... What I can do is changing the DP port on the monitor to DP 1.1 instead of 1.2 but running it is DP 1.1 I wont see the post nor the Clover boot menu. Screen is black until login screen. This would work if I was only running Mac OS...
I guess you'll have to find the best solution between OS X and Windows. I really want to invest in a 4K monitor, maybe move to single screen having more real estate although I need to wait for some "better than the current deals" as the monitors in my price range have flaws from the reviews I've read.

I followed your new WiFI/BT guide and it all went well! I tested BT by pairing my Android phone and sending pictures which landed perfectly in the Downloads folder.
For Wifi 5Ghz is much slower than 2.4Ghz, but I have suspected my ISP router for being a bit off on the 5Ghz band for some while now.
Looking through the config.plist you have provided in the WiFi/BT guide and comparing it to my own I did notice that mine have entries for AppleHDA whereas yours have none...

I have another small issue. More often than not my keyboard is not recognised when booting and I have to re-attach it again to the ASUS specific keyboard port on the back. Do you have this issue as well?

Thanks for your feedback, glad it has worked for you. I don't have a compatible modem/router that runs at 5GHz but using the methods in Post#1 doubles the wireless connectivity speeds for me at 2.4GHz. The patch enables 44 channels whereas before only 13 at 2.4GHz. Depending where you are in terms of distance from your ISP router, walls etc. 2.4 GHz is more penetrative than 5GHz yet has slower connection speeds.

There are some pretty speedy wireless routers out there, I'd like to see what the maximum wireless connection speed is with this combo card as the Asus website says possible maximum speeds 1300MB/s(Windows) depending on network.

You can go to Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide] and download the CloverHDMI script, toleda has fixed it to see the discreet card and I've tested it this morning and its working perfectly.
I've not had the problem with keyboard and mouse, my Apple numeric wired keyboard plugs into one port and the mouse into the keyboard. Its connected to the ASMedia port on the rear motherboard panel which is serviced by RehabMans GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Ignore what it is in that particular config.plist. It is purely for the Wifi/Bluetooth patches for you all to see. In my system config.plist it also contains the AppleHDA patches the same as yours. I posted it for the guide and removed what was not necessary on this particular subject.

Thank you for wifi/bt guide. I haven't properly tested it, but wifi and bluetooth seems to be working.

I couldn't sign in into my account in app store, got following messege "an unexpected error occurred while signing in. Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

My network interface was mapped to bsd name "en1" instead of "en0".

I search the internet and found following solution:

"A simple way to reset your network interfaces is to remove NetworkInterfaces.plist file. If you wanna try just type it in terminal and give your admin password:
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
Then reboot, so the system will recreate this file with default interfaces and addresses, than you can delete the interfaces that you don't need in network preferences."
credit to
cacau.yeah from insanelymac forum.

Last edited:
Ur Amazing!!! V well explained... U be got me to da installation screen I'm loving it....,

Thank you for wifi/bt guide. I haven't properly tested it, but wifi and bluetooth seems to be working.

I couldn't sign in into my account in app store, got following messege "an unexpected error occurred while signing in. Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

My network interface was mapped to bsd name "en1" instead of "en0".

Thanks for the feedback, I'd imagine it will be ok now you've gotten this far. Did you not install the IntelMausiEthernet.kext for the Intel NIC or did you connect to wifi first for the Installation?
Generally if you have wifi its best to enable ethernet first. Not that its any trouble to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist that will be written again on the next boot.

Thanks for the feedback, I'd imagine it will be ok now you've gotten this far. Did you not install the IntelMausiEthernet.kext for the Intel NIC or did you connect to wifi first for the Installation?
Generally if you have wifi its best to enable ethernet first. Not that its any trouble to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist that will be written again on the next boot.

I did install IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d0 via multibeast, but I connected to wifi straight away. Didn't know that i have to connect to ethernet first.

btw multibeast 8.2 has IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d3, is it completely deferent kext or it's just an update? Should I only use kext that you specified?

I have strange network connection, I connected via wifi to the internet, but in network preference it shown as I am connected via ethernet and not via wifi.
Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 23.25.51.png

I have a bigger problem. My Finder app hangs and not responding. When i hover my mouse over empty desktop i am getting spinning rainbow ball, when i try to click finder nothing happens.

I also noticed that apps that I used and closed, still shown in the activity monitor, although they greyout.

I did install IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d0 via multibeast, but I connected to wifi straight away. Didn't know that i have to connect to ethernet first.

btw multibeast 8.2 has IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d3, is it completely deferent kext or it's just an update? Should I only use kext that you specified?

I have strange network connection, I connected via wifi to the internet, but in network preference it shown as I am connected via ethernet and not via wifi.
View attachment 186726

I have a bigger problem. My Finder app hangs and not responding. When i hover my mouse over empty desktop i am getting spinning rainbow ball, when i try to click finder nothing happens.

I also noticed that apps that I used and closed, still shown in the activity monitor, although they greyout.
MultiBeast has updated drivers, you can run individual selections with MultiBeast. Its only important the first time to run everything so it gets your system booting from the hard drive with audio and ethernet. Finder might be having issues due to your optical drive. An older method to stop gremlins with optical drives was to leave a disc in it, but I haven't used one for a long time now so the Desktop Support forums may be a better place to start.

With wifi connected here and ethernet disconnected, this is what I see. Maybe if your ethernet is connected and its defaulting to it.

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 19.48.21.png

Hi wildwillow, thanks for the bluetooth tutorial. Working now fine. The only remaining problem is audio that breaks with sleep. I am using a usb audio device for now that works out of the box without any configuration and solves the problem. Very happy!!.

I have tested my SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB speeds and it's only around 30-40 MB/s while on my Macbook Pro 11,1 I can get between 155 MB/s and 249 MB/s. Is there anyway to improve read and write speeds?

Hi wildwillow, thanks for the bluetooth tutorial. Working now fine. The only remaining problem is audio that breaks with sleep. I am using a usb audio device for now that works out of the box without any configuration and solves the problem. Very happy!!.

Thanks fjf,

There are a few fixes listed here in the audio section.No Audio After Sleep/Wake - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Fixes]. I've not tested audio after sleep and will look at it over the weekend when I get some time. I've seen many reports using Codec-Commander successfully enables audio after sleep. I'd try that one first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back