I9-9900k
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
WILL IT B̶L̶E̶N̶D̶ RUN?!

My current mac is a mid 2010 macbook pro. I paid top dollar for it but lately it just isn't strong enough for my taste.
I'll try list some information about myself and detailed specs of what I'm planning to build. This is my first hackintosh so every bit of advice is welcome!

Hackintosh experience: Next to nothing, I have been reading the forums for a while, trying to upgrade my knowledge but I haven't built a hackintosch before
Use of the hackintosh: I will use it for heavy image retouching, some 3d rendering and for gaming during the weekends.

Some of the hardware I already own that I would like to combine with the build:
* Dell Ultrasharp U2711
* Apple wireless keyboard
* Wacom Intuos 4 tablet
* 2 Lacie d2 Quadra 1TB - currently daisy chained through firewire
* Canon 5d mark II

My goal is to set up a dual boot system, mountain lion for general use and windows 7 for games.

These are the components I'm currently looking to buy:

Budget: €1400. This build stretches it slightly and I'm not looking to stretch it any further.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UPH5 TH
this board seems widely recommended though stretching my budget a little
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770k
Picked the K version specificaly. not planning to overclock it from the start, but i'd like to keep the possibilty open.
Graphics: Gigabyte Geforec 660 ti.
Memory: Corsair vengeance 16gb
Although probably not maxed out, this amount of RAM should fit my needs
harddisks: 2x SD extreme 120gb for the dual boot. 2x WD green 2tb for storage (not necessarily accesible in Windows)
Power: Corsair enthusiast 650w
this seems sufficient and not too expensive
Wifi: Tp-Link pci express
According to what I read, I need this to get wifi working. is this correct?
bluetooth: IoGear bluetooth 4.0 adapter
hard to get in the Netherlands so if anyone knows a better alternative; id like to know
Case: IoGear bluetooth 4.0 adapter
silent and visually appealing (at least to me ;))

If you guys need more info let me know! Let me know if this build works and if you've had experience with the components.
I'm currently ready to buy the components, I just first wanted to check it here so feel free to tell me whatsup!

looks like it will run like a dream! keep in mind that the 660ti might have enough horse power to do what you want it to... otherwise :thumbup: consider a 670 for a little bit more (about $40 more (about 30 euros more))

I am using this bluetooth adapter:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001BROKXO/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

It runs perfekt in Mountain Lion. The only downside is that you need to hook it up close to your bluetooth devices
to get a good performance. But it will handle multible devices with no problem. I use Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad
and a bluetooth headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back