i5-4960K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am having a problem with my wifi modem on my hackintosh. I use TP-LINK WDN4800 as it is suggested by tony (i am not blaming though). It works out of the box like a charm and fast as well, nearly as fast as using ethernet cable.

The only problem though, it always disconnects every once a while, say after 15-30 mins running then the wifi will disconnect to the internet (note that the wifi signal is full and still connected to the router, but has no access to the internet). The only way I could reconnect to the internet right now is by switching it off and back on again on my hackintosh. It is not really a big deal as it always connects right after I switch off and on again, but it's quite irritating after doing it 5 to 10 times a day.

First I thought this must be the ISP that is down or maybe my WiFi router, but all my other devices work. So I am assuming the problem is with the TP-LINK card.

Anyone can help me with this matter?

I am running OS X El Capitan 10.11.1

any help would be much appreciated.

I have Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter.

After 15-30 mins running then the wifi will disconnect to the internet.

Same as you.

El Capitan 10.11.1

Sorry to bring this up, but unchecking the option WAKE for ethernet network access under energy saver seems to be the solution for the disconnections. Thanks

Sorry to bring this up, but unchecking the option WAKE for ethernet network access under energy saver seems to be the solution for the disconnections. Thanks

I have the same problem but I did not have Wake for network access on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back