Graphics
HD4000 onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
A while back my 1 year old daughter pressed the WiFi button on my wife's 6750b Hackintosh (Clover install of Yosemite 10.10.5) and since then the WiFi just will not turn on. I've had to resort to buying a dongle for her laptop. This evening my daughter decided to press the WiFi button on my 9470m (Clover, Yosemite 10.10.5) and low and behold the same thing. Now I cannot turn on WiFi either. I've been meaning to do a clean install on my hackintosh, just for good measure, and I took this fault as an opportunity to do so. After a clean install, reformatting HD and starting again I still have no WiFi :( although my boot speed is back to what it was ages ago which is great. Currently WiFi button is orange as is the WiFi indicator on the front.

Please help. Has anybody experienced this? Anybody know a fix?

I installed the kext "RehabMan-Realtek-Network-v2-2015-1230" but that didn't help.

Any ideas, would be great to have WiFi back natively on both hackintoshes.

p.s. both HP laptops have had wifi working for the last 2.5 years without issue until now
Thank you in advance
Rich

A while back my 1 year old daughter pressed the WiFi button on my wife's 6750b Hackintosh (Clover install of Yosemite 10.10.5) and since then the WiFi just will not turn on. I've had to resort to buying a dongle for her laptop. This evening my daughter decided to press the WiFi button on my 9470m (Clover, Yosemite 10.10.5) and low and behold the same thing. Now I cannot turn on WiFi either. I've been meaning to do a clean install on my hackintosh, just for good measure, and I took this fault as an opportunity to do so. After a clean install, reformatting HD and starting again I still have no WiFi :( although my boot speed is back to what it was ages ago which is great. Currently WiFi button is orange as is the WiFi indicator on the front.

Please help. Has anybody experienced this? Anybody know a fix?

I installed the kext "RehabMan-Realtek-Network-v2-2015-1230" but that didn't help.

Any ideas, would be great to have WiFi back natively on both hackintoshes.

p.s. both HP laptops have had wifi working for the last 2.5 years without issue until now
Thank you in advance
Rich

Did you follow the guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

FYI: RehabMan-Realtek-Network-v2-2015-1230 has nothing to with WiFi. It is an Ethernet kext.

When using the WiFi button it is important to realize:
- the button actually works, but OS X/macOS will be unaware that the WiFi hardware power is turned off
- the LED does not accurately reflect the state of the power
- pressing it to restore power to the WiFi device works, but the change will not be reflected immediately
- you must be patient after you press it and wait for networks to populate
- if you keep mashing the button like a crazy person, because of the delay... you'll not get it to work...

Did you follow the guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

FYI: RehabMan-Realtek-Network-v2-2015-1230 has nothing to with WiFi. It is an Ethernet kext.

When using the WiFi button it is important to realize:
- the button actually works, but OS X/macOS will be unaware that the WiFi hardware power is turned off
- the LED does not accurately reflect the state of the power
- pressing it to restore power to the WiFi device works, but the change will not be reflected immediately
- you must be patient after you press it and wait for networks to populate
- if you keep mashing the button like a crazy person, because of the delay... you'll not get it to work...

Hi Rehabman,
Thank you for your reply and also for your great guides and support on tonymacx86.
I didn't use the guide you linked to, I used the original guide from nyugenmac (excuse spelling) and HP PBI-CE 6.4.6, as this was a method I am very confident with and has worked in the past for my 9470m, my wife's 6750b plus a few other probook's for friends, all of which have worked flawlessly. I also have a USB key ready to install should either my wife's or my Hackintosh run into problems.
I've scanned through your guide (the one linked in your reply), looks very comprehensive. I would like to go up to el capitan so perhaps I'll follow this to do so, but am in fear that I'll still not have wi-fi.
I took your advice about the button, pressing it and waiting. To make sure there's enough time I pushed it from a no wi-fi state and not being able to turn on, made breakfast for me and kids, checked back, no wi-fi, can't turn on. Pressed again, waited another 10 minutes, still no luck. I'll take the laptop to work with me and try through the day.
Also just tried powering down, battery out, hold power button for 30secs, reboot, no joy....
Hmmmmm, sure if frustrating this one

Hi Rehabman,
Thank you for your reply and also for your great guides and support on tonymacx86.
I didn't use the guide you linked to, I used the original guide from nyugenmac (excuse spelling) and HP PBI-CE 6.4.6, as this was a method I am very confident with and has worked in the past for my 9470m, my wife's 6750b plus a few other probook's for friends, all of which have worked flawlessly. I also have a USB key ready to install should either my wife's or my Hackintosh run into problems.
I've scanned through your guide (the one linked in your reply), looks very comprehensive. I would like to go up to el capitan so perhaps I'll follow this to do so, but am in fear that I'll still not have wi-fi.
I took your advice about the button, pressing it and waiting. To make sure there's enough time I pushed it from a no wi-fi state and not being able to turn on, made breakfast for me and kids, checked back, no wi-fi, can't turn on. Pressed again, waited another 10 minutes, still no luck. I'll take the laptop to work with me and try through the day.
Also just tried powering down, battery out, hold power button for 30secs, reboot, no joy....
Hmmmmm, sure if frustrating this one

The guide you followed is not being maintained, therefore no longer supported.

You should follow the new guide as written.
And you should also test your WiFi hardware on Windows.
If it is working in Windows, and you followed the guide exactly as written (start from scratch), and it is still not working... provide the files requested in the guide "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back