Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8742
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Hey I just got a 4540s a week ago.
Everything went great on the installation, the probook has a 9285 atheros card, and with the included probook installer the Wifi worked grea. But after a while the Wifi stopped working, it didn't picked any signal. I re installed the drivers with the installer, various restarts, and it didn't work.
I did a fresh install and the Wifi worked as it should. But now it stopped working again, it just suddenly disconnects and then it doesn't find any Wifi.

Please help, as I can't be fresh installing whenever this happens. Do you think I should better get a native card to stop this from happening??

Please help!

Hey I just got a 4540s a week ago.
Everything went great on the installation, the probook has a 9285 atheros card, and with the included probook installer the Wifi worked grea. But after a while the Wifi stopped working, it didn't picked any signal. I re installed the drivers with the installer, various restarts, and it didn't work.
I did a fresh install and the Wifi worked as it should. But now it stopped working again, it just suddenly disconnects and then it doesn't find any Wifi.

Please help, as I can't be fresh installing whenever this happens. Do you think I should better get a native card to stop this from happening??

Please help!

Verify the WiFi card is seated well and the antenna leads have a good connection.

Thanks. I just did that. I unscrew it and screw it back and disconnected and connect it back, without getting any results. As I mentioned earlier, this has happened to me twice already. Should I try something different??

Thanks. I just did that. I unscrew it and screw it back and disconnected and connect it back, without getting any results. As I mentioned earlier, this has happened to me twice already. Should I try something different??

Here's my take on it: You're changing nothing on the software side and yet at one point it works... the next it doesn't. To me, that points to hardware problem.

I did click the 9285 patch on the probook installer. Is there any way to revert the patch and do it again??? Should I start ordering a 9280 card?

In another topic, is there any Wifi and bt cad that works??? I have read a lot about this and haven't found a clear answer, and you being the guru of the probook hackintosh, could help me. Hehehe

Thanks..

P. S It does change something in the software as the Wifi doesn't work unless you apply the patch.

I did click the 9285 patch on the probook installer. Is there any way to revert the patch and do it again??? Should I start ordering a 9280 card?

Re-patching your DSDT is covered in the guide.

In another topic, is there any Wifi and bt cad that works??? I have read a lot about this and haven't found a clear answer, and you being the guru of the probook hackintosh, could help me. Hehehe

I don't use BT, so I can't help you there. i use a AR9280 (no BT) in my 4540s.

P. S It does change something in the software as the Wifi doesn't work unless you apply the patch.

Not true. The patch is not necessary as a result of ProbookARPT.kext being installed. We should actually probably remove the patch from the installer just to avoid confusion.

Re-patching your DSDT is covered in the guide.

I don't use BT, so I can't help you there. i use a AR9280 (no BT) in my 4540s.

Not true. The patch is not necessary as a result of ProbookARPT.kext being installed. We should actually probably remove the patch from the installer just to avoid confusion.

What do you suggest me to do? Just get a new card? Ar9280? Or is there something I could try??

What do you suggest me to do? Just get a new card? Ar9280? Or is there something I could try??

Do you have a multiboot system setup? If so, does the card work on other systems when it has failed on OS X? Without more information on what exactly you're doing, I have no more ideas...

I installed mavericks on another drive, I will swap the drive with the old one with Windows 8 installed and check if the card is working in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back