Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i3-10100
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

My Opencore boot Hackintosh is using a native apple BCM94360CS2 in the 1st PCIe slot and I have tried others with no results of seeing any networks to connect. It started months ago when it would take a couple of slow attempts to connect and it was acting weird. I dual boot with Windows 10 and the WIFI card works great. I even don't get a WIFi connection from an installation USB drive. It now has nothing connected except a keyboard mouse and one HD and the same. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tony

Specs
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
Sapphire RX 580
Intel Core i3-10100
BCM94360CS2

I have about a dozen of these Broadcom cards mounted on PCIe x1 adapters. I have had 3 fail or not work from the get go and it can be a real pain trying to work out whether the adapter, the Broadcom card, both or neither are faulty.
  1. So, the first thing you ned to check: is the PCIe adapter working correctly, i.e. have you tried it in your Haswell system to see if the adapter and card work?
  2. When you say it is installed in the top slot, I take it you mean the PCIe x1 slot above the main PCIe x16 slot.
  3. Have you tried using it in the other PCIe x1 slot, 2nd from the bottom, if it is available?
  4. Have you checked that the card is fully seated in the PCIe slot, that the back-plate isn't bent or causing the adapter to rise out of the PCIe slot when the back-plate screw is tightened?
  5. Have you tried the adapter with a different Broadcom card, one you know works?
  6. Are you able to get a Bluetooth signal from the PCIe adapter and BCM94360CS2 card in your Z490 system, i.e. have you connected the card to a spare motherboard USB2 header?
  7. Is the USB header port active in your USBPorts.kext and set with the connector type 'Internal' (255)?
  8. Is the Bluetooth seen and does it work correctly in maCOS on the Z490 board?

I have about a dozen of these Broadcom cards mounted on PCIe x1 adapters. I have had 3 fail or not work from the get go and it can be a real pain trying to work out whether the adapter, the Broadcom card, both or neither are faulty.
  1. So, the first thing you ned to check: is the PCIe adapter working correctly, i.e. have you tried it in your Haswell system to see if the adapter and card work?
  2. When you say it is installed in the top slot, I take it you mean the PCIe x1 slot above the main PCIe x16 slot.
  3. Have you tried using it in the other PCIe x1 slot, 2nd from the bottom, if it is available?
  4. Have you checked that the card is fully seated in the PCIe slot, that the back-plate isn't bent or causing the adapter to rise out of the PCIe slot when the back-plate screw is tightened?
  5. Have you tried the adapter with a different Broadcom card, one you know works?
  6. Are you able to get a Bluetooth signal from the PCIe adapter and BCM94360CS2 card in your Z490 system, i.e. have you connected the card to a spare motherboard USB2 header?
  7. Is the USB header port active in your USBPorts.kext and set with the connector type 'Internal' (255)?
  8. Is the Bluetooth seen and does it work correctly in maCOS on the Z490 board?
Thank you Edhawk for that valuable information for others with similar network issues. But, I tried all this and eventually with massive google searches, I figured it out. It occurs mainly with dual boot systems for some reason like mine with Windows 10. An Opencore setting called DisableIoMapper fixed my issue. I enabled DisableIoMapper in the OpenCore Configurator free utility app, allowing macos to initialize the network card. I hope this helps someone else with this network issue :D

Snipaste_2023-03-03_08-39-42.png

Last edited:
DisableIoMapper should always be set as True/Enabled when running a Comet Lake system. That is one of the early Quirk options confirmed in the Dortania OC guide.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 19.53.21.png
So you not having this Quirk enabled would not be something the Moderators here would consider when looking to help you sort out an issue with your WiFi/BT setup. We are not mind readers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back