Contribute
Register

WiFi scanning does not work - AR9285 (Samsung R580 Laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

My specs:
Samsung R580 Laptop
AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter

I upgraded from Mavericks using the upgrade guide posted on this site, and it was a breeze. Everything is working as expected except the Wifi scanning. It was fine in Mavericks.

Symptom:
WiFi is enabled and turned on. When I scan, the scan does nto show up any networks around, and connecting to a specific network does not work ("Network not found" error).

Has somebody experienced something like this?

Thanks for all your help.

UPDATE: I installed the toledaARPT.kext and used the vanilla IO80211Family.kext, but I am getting:

"The super class vtable '__ZTV17IO80211Controller' for vtable '__ZTV22AirPort_AtherosNewma40' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers."

Any help appreciated

Last edited:
Thread moved from Yosemite Desktop Support

UPDATE: I installed the toledaARPT.kext and used the vanilla IO80211Family.kext, but I am getting:

"The super class vtable '__ZTV17IO80211Controller' for vtable '__ZTV22AirPort_AtherosNewma40' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers."

Evidently not so vanilla...

I backed up the kext before I did any other thing with it. That is the one I restored back when I tried toledaARTP.kext.

Maybe I am not doing it right?

Hello, download this kext and reboot ! :arrow: View attachment 109298 AR9285 kext is in WLAN
enjoy! :thumbup:

YESSSS!!! It is working now!! :headbang:

Thanks so much guys - specially @gtpc.

Also, I had to remove the AirPortAtheros40.kext file (which was causing the errors I mentioned above). App store, FaceTime working. On to other things :)

YESSSS!!! It is working now!! :headbang:

Thanks so much guys - specially @gtpc.

Also, I had to remove the AirPortAtheros40.kext file (which was causing the errors I mentioned above). App store, FaceTime working. On to other things :)

Hi, i haven't sound ALC 269. can u help me?

Hi, i haven't sound ALC 269. can u help me?

Search for a patched AppleHDA for ALC269.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back