Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Extreme IX Maximus
CPU
i7-7700k intel
Graphics
Asus Strix 1080 oc
Hello, fellow Hackintoshers!

Trying to get wifi on my Hackintosh and my motherboard has integrated WiFi capabilities. Is there a way to make this work with a hackintosh? I have the:
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Extreme LGA1151
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132967

if not, I was recommended to use a specific card like this, is this really the only way to get wifi on a hackintosh?=

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Will this card be good for future Mac update releases and such?

Or a even cheaper one. Is this even worth it?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CCMUN8C/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Thank you and advice and tips are welcome thanks again!! :wave:

I can't find what model the integrated wifi card is. I'm going to guess it's made by Intel and will probably not work. The second options is the most likely to work, with most if not all wireless features of MacOS working with only a little bit of tinkering. Look at the buyers' guide for cheaper options that work, albeit not as well as the most expensive option.

Alternatively, you could build your own card like the second.

I can't find what model the integrated wifi card is. I'm going to guess it's made by Intel and will probably not work. The second options is the most likely to work, with most if not all wireless features of MacOS working with only a little bit of tinkering. Look at the buyers' guide for cheaper options that work, albeit not as well as the most expensive option...
I assume you meant this one right? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Only thing, I find is this for my motherboard wifi: 2x2 802.11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi

If I purchase that card and I physically install it into my computer, will the OS automatically detect it and make the WiFi work as if a normal MAC would? Or will I have to do some extra tinkering?

Secondly, it says it has Bluetooth. Will I be able to sync apps from my iPad normally with the build? for

Yup. The best solution. Has the highest chances of working. That is, of course, if you're willing to pay the premium.

Only thing, I find is this for my motherboard wifi: 2x2 802.11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi

Not enough information unfortunately. You could always try it and find a permanent solution later if you're able to run a wired connection to your system and it doesn't work.

If I purchase that card and I physically install it into my computer, will the OS automatically detect it and make the WiFi work as if a normal MAC would? Or will I have to do some extra tinkering?

Yes, everything will work in ideal circumstances, but nothing is for certain with a Hackintosh. It just has the highest chance of working.

Secondly, it says it has Bluetooth. Will I be able to sync apps from my iPad normally with the build? for

Sorry, I'm still kind of new to the modern Apple ecosystem, so I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. If you mean stuff like Airdrop, continuity, iMessage, and other wireless utility functions of a typical iMac, it should work. You may have to activate some features manually either using programs provided by Hackintosh websites or by using the terminal. The actual card in the product you linked is either from a scrapped Mac or from production surplus. Again, you have to highest chance of it working with that card, but I can't say whether or not you will need to do any advanced tinkering because it depends.

Yup. The best solution. Has the highest chances of working. That is, of course, if you're willing to pay the premium.

Not enough information unfortunately. You could always try it and find a permanent solution later if you're able to run a wired connection to your system and it doesn't work.

Yes, everything will work in ideal circumstances, but nothing is for certain with a Hackintosh. It just has the highest chance of working.

Sorry, I'm still kind of new to the modern Apple ecosystem, so I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. If you mean stuff like Airdrop, continuity, iMessage, and other wireless utility functions of a typical iMac, it should work. You may have to activate some features manually either using programs provided by Hackintosh websites or by using the terminal. The actual card in the product you linked is either from a scrapped Mac or from production surplus. Again, you have to highest chance of it working with that card, but I can't say whether or not you will need to do any advanced tinkering because it depends.

thank you very much for your response, it seems this is be best option and i will take the plunge and purchase it! hopefully all goes well! thanks again! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back