Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 Designare
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700 4.0GHz
Graphics
ASUS Strix GEFORCE® GTX 980
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there. I just built my first Hackintosh but the WiFi doesn't work. It says '' Self assigned IP'' and the status light is Yellow. The internet is working on my 2 other computers, my PS4, Apple TV and Android phone so it's just the Hackintosh that has this problem. I tried everthing. Restarted my Apple Express router, put in Manual IP adress, deleted the WiFi in the option bar and created a new one, deleted some files people recommended doing in here, ran MultiBeast maybe 3-4-5 times again but nothing worked. When I entered a manual IP the WiFi status went green but I couldn't connect though. I also tried copying IO80211Family.kext from my MBP but my Hackintosh always gave me an error pop up when I tried that.

It worked perfectly for 1 hour before I installed some graphic drivers and now it wont connect. But it's interesting that If I turn on ''Mobile tethering on'' on my phone then it can connect via WiFi with no problems and I can surf the internet. So it's only when I try to connect to my Apple Express router. And my router is fine because I have 5-6 things connected to it and they all work.

I have the : TL-WDN4800 WiFi card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back