Contribute
Register

WiFi Native AirPort Extreme - TP-Link TL-WDN4800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bobcat86,

My wifi card is picked up natively in all 10.6.8, 10.7.1, 10.7.2, 10.7.3 and now in 10.7.4. But for some odd reason it can't find my network which is Airport Extreme Dual band. My iPhone and iPad and win7 can all see the networks and connect to it. I have even replaced the router with Netcomm but it doesn't help. There are no networks picked up automatically or manually typing in the SSD'S.

MY configuration is exactly the same as your except the two given below,

MAC Address: 90:f6:52:0e:1b:f0
And

I am on 10.7.4 with Latest Airport 6 utility but nothing seems to work....

Please help.....

Cheers

Hi motrolaboy,

Did you try removing all other cards to isolate issue ?

Hi thanks for the response! Yes I did. My system has no other cards installed now except this one. I don't have a Ethernet in my system, could that be a cause, you recon?

Cheers

If you don't have an ethernet card, then how did you get your OS/X updates ?

Hi, I downloaded all the updates on windows machine and transferred through USB. but now I have finally installed the Ethernet aswell and unbelievable the ethernet works. Believe me this time I am able to install all the updates from 10.7 to 10.7.4 absloutely straight without any multibeast or other utility....it just works OOB. Except the WIFI, although it says its installed and it says on and looks for network but just can't find it.

Another thing I noticed this is remarkable install for me as my computer doesn't crash and Lion work so smooth that I lov it. Last time in November I downgraded from lion to snow leapord 10.6.8 after getting kernal panics and other problems. This time it's runnin beautifully but no Wifi which I need as he router is in garage.

I need the WIFI otherwise the card I ordered is useless and so is my install...

Cheers

So a couple of questions:

Channels 100+ not supported?

I'm also wondering if you have tested speeds? Has anybody achieved specs speeds?

Did you change slots ?

Here's my kext info:

AirPortAtheros40:
Version: 5.0.4
Last Modified: 11-06-24 1:35 AM
Get Info String: 5.0.4, Copyright © 2006–2012 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Kind: Intel
Architectures: i386, x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext
Kext Version: 504.64.2
Load Address: 0xffffff7f80ea7000
Valid: Yes
Authentic: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied

titsmgee said:
So a couple of questions:

Channels 100+ not supported?

I'm also wondering if you have tested speeds? Has anybody achieved specs speeds?

Did not go through speed tests, although download speeds are about same as my other Macs. Sorry, I've been busy setting up my new HighPoint 2720SGL Hardware RAID-5 setup, see my build...

Refer to my post in the other thread on this subject:
Sixthly said:
I purchased the TL-WDN4800 card a week ago and can confirm that it is detected as a native AirPort Extreme card, and that 802.11n works out-of-box without a custom/modified kernel extension. I have also tested and can confirm that AirDrop works between my Hackintosh and MacBook Pro.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-20%20at%205.02.46%20AM.png

Just got this card today and plugged it in. System recognized it without any adjustments (OS X 10.7.4), but I'm a little disappointed in that it seems to be operating only on 2.4Ghz. I was specifically interested in the card for its dual-band capability and wanted to connected to my Airport Extreme base station at 5Ghz. My 5Ghz network doesn't even show up during wifi network scan. :x

If anyone has a solution to get me going on 5Ghz, I will very much appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back