Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M-D3H
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi, I am having some weird Wifi issues after waking up my hackintosh.

In like 70% of cases after waking it up wifi hardly works. Wifi speeds drop from 100 Mbps to 0.2Mbps. After a restart everything gets back to normal. At first I thought it could have something to do with multiple bluetooth devices connected (mouse, keyboard), but that is not the case and the issue is present even with bluetooth turned off.

Any ideas?

My setup:
Gigabyte Z370M D3H | i7-7800 | Sapphire RX580 8GB | Mojave 10.14.6, and I believe that BCM94360CD wifi card and PCI-e 1X Adapter.

Last edited:
What if anything are you using to help the Broadcom WiFi card, i.e. AirportBrcmFixup.kext and any associated boot arguments?

Which slot do you have the PCIe adapter card installed in to on your motherboard?
1000.png Z370M-D3H Motherboard layout

Are the antenna hidden at the rear of your case, under a desk with limited reception? if yes have a read of this guide/tip by Jaymonkey regarding poor reception/throughput issues with similar cards - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-pcie-bt-wifi-card-in-a-tower-case.268666/

I assume you have created a Custom USB configuration for your motherboard/case ports including the Bluetooth connection to the internal USB Header port.

What if anything are you using to help the Broadcom WiFi card, i.e. AirportBrcmFixup.kext and any associated boot arguments?
I've had this configuration for about 2 years, to be honest, I don't remember setting up anything specific to make the Bluetooth/wifi card work. Just plugged it in and that's it.
Which slot do you have the PCIe adapter card installed in to on your motherboard?
Slot 3
Are the antenna hidden at the rear of your case, under a desk with limited reception? if yes have a read of this guide/tip by Jaymonkey regarding poor reception/throughput issues with similar cards - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-pcie-bt-wifi-card-in-a-tower-case.268666/
Not really hidden, although there isn't a clear path between the router and the antennas, they are about 3m apart.
I assume you have created a Custom USB configuration for your motherboard/case ports including the Bluetooth connection to the internal USB Header port.
No, I don't think I did that. I just plugged it in F_USB1 slot on the motherboard and it worked (kind of) out of the box.

Everything else seems to be working as well, handoff, unlock with apple watch etc. Just the issue with WiFi speed when waking up.

Added my EFI folder as the attachment.
Should I try to install AirportBrcmFixup.kext?

Attachments

• efi-conf.zip
    41.7 MB · Views: 50
First thing to note regarding your Clover EFI setup is you are using the wrong SMBIOS with your Coffee Lake system (8th/9th Gen CPU). The iMac14,2 SMBIOS you are currently using should be used with a Haswell system (4th Gen CPU).

While the iMac14,2 was recommended for people to use while initially installing macOS, using Unibeast. It was never meant as a long term solution.

You should be using the iMac19,1 with Mojave or newer and the iMac18,3 if running High Sierra or older.

/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder:
You have none of the standard SSDT's one would expect to see when reviewing a Coffee Lake EFI setup. The standard Coffee Lake SSDTS for a Z370 system are as follows:
  • SSDT-AWAC.aml
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
These three SSDT's are attached below, they should be added to your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I might also expect to see SSDT-XOSI.aml to be present, but that SSDT is not essential.

/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
This folder is bereft of all the standard kexts one would expect to see in a Hackintosh. The only kext present is FakeSMC.kext.

Where are Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-Unsupported.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext etc.

Do you have then installed in your /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions folder? If yes then I suggest you have a read of this guide by Jaymonkey regarding the location and installation of Third-Party kexts - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/

Config.plist:
The easiest way to show you the difference between your config.plist and one I would create for a Coffee Lake system is by side-by-side screenshots showing your config and the CFL config, as viewed in Clover Configurator.

This is what I have provided below, with the screenshots of your config shown on the left and the CFL config on the right:

ACPI tab 1
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.05.16.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.05.26.png
Your config is missing a number of patches and settings that are essential for running a CFL hack. The most important being PluginType=True, which you do not have enabled. This along with the SSDT-PLUG.aml will configure the power management for your CPU.

The other entries you are missing are in equally important and relevant.

ACPI tab 2
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.05.36.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.05.47.png
Continuation of missing ACPI Fixes.

Boot tab
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.06.07.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.06.47.png
Some additional boot arguments and NeverHibernate=true entry.

Devices tab
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.08.14.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.08.24.png
IGPU Framebuffer entry in Properties section for your system with your RX 580 dGPU. Very important for the correct running of your IGPU with a headless/empty framebuffer as expected and found in a real Mac.

GUI tab
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.08.54.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.10.01.png
You do not need to be booting Legacy=First.
A few additional volume names in the Hide Volume list, to clean up the Clover boot screen.

Graphics tab
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.10.23.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.10.32.png
You should not be using Inject Intel=true when using WhateverGreen.kext (I assume you are using this kext)
Your RX 580 should use RadeonDeInit=true, to help with initialisation of the dGPU

Kernel and Kext patches tab
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.10.50.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.12.20.png
Some additional Kext Patches, which you might find helps your system run smoother, not the bottom two, as they are the USB port limit patches for Catalina.

RT Variables tab
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.13.00.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.13.10.png
You should have your Board Serial number inserted in to the MLB box.
You should once you have generated a new SMBIOS Generate a ROM for your system, based on the new SMBIOS.

SMBIOS tab
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.13.24.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.13.36.png
You need to generate a new SMBIOS, based on the iMac19.1 system.

System Parameters tab
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.13.47.png Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 14.14.03.png
You don't need to use the Inject System ID=true entry, this is a carryover from the Chimera/Chameleon bootloader days, which Clover doesn't use.

As you can see there is quite a difference between the two setups.

The config I used to compare you current config against is a fairly standard Clover config.plist for a Coffee Lake system. There are other entries that could be added/included. But they should only be added when you know you have a specific need for them.

The entries shown in the comparison config have been shown after reviewing your setup and the latest Bootlog from your system, which I have attached below.

Any tabs from Clover Configurator not shown above are either empty of any entries, or unnecessary for your setup.

If you choose to make the amendments to your setup, make sure you do so with a config on a spare USB.
Do not mess up your current setup.
  • Install Clover on the EFI partition system of the USB.
  • Edit the Clover sub-folder and config as recommended above.
  • Then boot from the USB, leaving your current setup alone.
  • See if the new config works,
  • Edit or ask for help if you get stuck or see a kernel panic.
  • Only replace your current setup on your MyMac drive once you are happy with the new setup.
USB Configuration:
Along with the above changes, I would recommend you have a read of this guide for USB configuration by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Bootlog.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 42
  • CFL-Z370.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 40
Ok, finally I had some time to go through this and after creating a USB to boot from I am unable to load into the system because of a kernel panic.
IMG_1242.JPG

I have to mentions that I was unable to find couple things in your suggestions:
1. I was unable to find XHCI-Unsupported.kext in kext installer
2. In config file ACPI section some patches are missing from my list: H_EC to EC, XHCI to XHC_, GLAN to GIGE, PPMC to PMCR
3. I did not understand exactly what I need to do in Devices tab. I could not figure out which of the PCI device should I add from the list.

Is the panic because of some missing item or I did not correctly install the clover on the USB?

Ok, finally I had some time to go through this and after creating a USB to boot from I am unable to load into the system because of a kernel panic.
View attachment 531110

I have to mentions that I was unable to find couple things in your suggestions:
1. I was unable to find XHCI-Unsupported.kext in kext installer
2. In config file ACPI section some patches are missing from my list: H_EC to EC, XHCI to XHC_, GLAN to GIGE, PPMC to PMCR
3. I did not understand exactly what I need to do in Devices tab. I could not figure out which of the PCI device should I add from the list.

Is the panic because of some missing item or I did not correctly install the clover on the USB?
your lilu kext version 1.3.9 is quite old, latest is 1.5.6:
https://github.com/acidanthera/lilu/releases

you may want to check your other kexts

also your panic has just gone off the screen

also your panic has just gone off the screen
Ok I will test out the new kexts
and how do I post all of the panic screen? I am unable to move the cursor there

Ok I will test out the new kexts
and how do I post all of the panic screen? I am unable to move the cursor there
take a pic before it stops or film it and take a still image

take a pic before it stops or film it and take a still image
Here is some of the panic
Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 14.59.21.png

It's kinda hard to understand, but it seems like there are multiple issues.
1. Refusing new kext versions.
2. Not loading Whatevergreen kext

Here's a bit more
Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 15.04.30.png

for the rest, my camera is unable to get a clear picture.
Why is it not loading the new versions of the kexts?

Here is some of the panicView attachment 531114

It's kinda hard to understand, but it seems like there are multiple issues.
1. Refusing new kext versions.
2. Not loading Whatevergreen kext

Here's a bit more
View attachment 531115

for the rest, my camera is unable to get a clear picture.
Why is it not loading the new versions of the kexts?
no files attached so not sure.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back