Contribute
Register

Wifi issue with FakeSMC... please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97M-G43
CPU
Intel i5-4690K
Graphics
Gainward GTX 670 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[SOLVED] Wifi issue with FakeSMC... please help me.

Hi everyone, I'm new, I hope not to have wrong section.

I installed El Capitan, and it works well. But I have one problem that I can not solve:

I have a PCIe Wi-Fi Card TP-Link WN881ND, initially undetected. So to make it work I have to install (and then restart, reinstall and restart now works) through kext wizard (I use this) the AtherosWiFiInjector.kext.
Once it worked, I used the hackintosh booting from a USB key for a few days, and everything worked properly. I decided to install the bootloader on HDD, I do, of course it does not start, I forgot to install the FakeSMC. I install it. The Access Card is no longer detected. To be able to detect I must delete the kext FakeSMC, start from USB then install, and restart 2 times the previous kext Atheros.
In conclusion: My wifi card only works without FakeSMC, how can I do? I want to use OS X through the hdd, and not via USB key. :banghead:

I'm new to this, my first hackintosh, so please you write drinkable (as they say in my part) ... :mrgreen:

My Hardware configuration:
CPU: i5-4690K
RAM: 8GB
MoBo: MSI Z97M-G43 (VD-t and CFG-Lock both disabled)
Wifi Card: TP-LINK WN881ND
Graphics Card: Gainward GTX 670 2GB

Please help me, thank you.

FakeSMC.kext is essential to boot OS X. No boot without it..

I solved with this way.
Formatted and reinstalled El Capitan.
SO:

1. Run Windows o Linux, on Windows go to Device Management, open your wifi card (WN881ND = Atheros 9287), so "Details" > "ID hardware". (I have windows in Italian, I do not know if English is really so named; With Linux I don't know lol)
2. Copy on paper (or take a photo) the characters XXXX --> "VEN_168C&DEV_XXXX".
3. Run OS X and take the file IO80211Family.kext from Hard Disk>System>Library>Extension (U need to enable "hidden files" from terminal; search how with google), copy it on the desk (and make it a backup copy).
4. Right button on it > Show package contents.
5. Go to "Contents>PlugIns>AirPortAtheros40.kext", open with "Show package contents". Now go to "Contents>Info.plist", open it with the TextEdit.
6. So look in it, and replace as I did:
My ID Hardware: ....VEN_168C&DEV_002E... (XXXX = 002E)
I replace the first <string>pci168c,XXXX</string> with my ID Hardware: <string>pci168c,2e</string>
Note: the 0 is not reported; the "E" becomes "e".
7. Save and close it, close all and go to the desk.
8. Now with Kext Wizard select the IO80211 kext modded, install it. Rebuild kext caches (I do not know if necessary.). Reboot.
9. Enjoy it.

Please use the original kext, no one downloaded from the Internet. Otherwise you have some stability issues in the system. Format (with Gparted for an partition, or DiskUtility for Erase all HDD) and reinstall in the case.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm in a hurry and I'm very tired, I did not want to write perfectly. But I hope you understand me...

bye...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back