Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello Everyone,

I have an issue that has plagued our family since the day we moved into this house. Last night, while attempting to live stream for the first time, I was completely embarrassed when my WIFI dropped after 40 minutes and my friend and I chatted away like idiots while all my viewers left.

I am turning to this community because I feel if there is anyone who can help, it is you guys.

The Setup

Upstairs we have a wireless router installed by our ISP (Shaw Cable). It provides WIFI to 12+ wireless devices split over two networks (5G and regular). Every device in the house has great connection speeds and consistently tops out at 100mbps.

The Problem

Since day one, the problem has been that completely randomly, the WIFI will drop (mostly on my Hack), causing the network I am connected to, to fail for everyone. The 5G network and all devices connected to it, remain working unaffected. The solution is to wait until the router resets itself, or hard reset the router.

During this time, no internet traffic is possible.

Observations

Strangely, when I am logged into Windows, I have never experienced this issue. That isn't to say it hasn't happened, but to my knowledge the problem has only been when I am using my Hack.

Skype will continue to work. As Skype doesn't use DNS, when I am connected in a conversation, all WIFI will stop working (can't connect using a browser or any other means), but we can continue chatting. The WIFI will eventually come back, after about 10 minutes.

I have attempted in the router to set the IP for my computer, but it doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Please Help

Until now our family has put up with this random annoyance. We simply call, "WIFI is down!" and someone will reset the router. Unfortunately, now that I am trying to delve into the world of live streaming, this has, and will continue to be a huge issue. I am certain it has something to do with a DNS issue on my Hack, or on the network in general. However, I don't have enough knowledge on the subject to be able to fix it.

For those of you that understand networking, please Hackintosh People, you are our only hope.

CLM

@Crazylegsmurphy, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back