Contribute
Register

Wifi dongle sleep wake issues possible to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mitx
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
Gtx 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
wifi dongle en-7811 gln
sleep start and restart problems: After deinstallation of driver by sudo
command: Sleep/wake: Ok.

-has got anyone an idea what causes sleep/wake problems and how to solve it. My system
did not wake up and i had to reboot and system did freeze.
Before the install of the driver i had no problems at all so i decided to uninstall it by
copy the command via text edit and running it in terminal. I use lan again and forget
about this dongle it causes instability and wake issues.

-ps before uninstalling i tried, verified troubleshooted: Not as server active, no
internet-sharing, no bios settings changed.

Any suggestions?

To ngc7789:
thanx for your Input!

1. I do not come that far: after restart all Programms do work, but if I touch the wireless Application, System freezes instantly. No way to disconnect.

-2. If I don't touch the Wireles-application after 5-10 minutes & use of any Programm System freezes.
System is not stabel at all. Not possibel to work with.

-3. Discrete Graphicscard:
I searched the Forum and maybe the discrete graphicscard is the problem, the graphicscard sleeps, the system is wake. Monitor: Black screen. Mouse and keyboard work, but can't wake the gpu.
The HD is somehow responsibel and the RAM?

-4. LAN is ok for me, since I have 3 Computers: 2 have wifi, and the monitor can be connected to 2 different Computers, so I do not need wifi on my hack- anyway I have LAN, LAN is fine.

-5. Apple help: it says basicly that any usb bt or wifi divice can cause sleep/wake issues, or disabel it.

-6. Wifi Dongle EN-7811GLN: different names and brands: chipset is important.

EN-7811NU
I believe works with some edited dsdt. For some wifi dongles are Guides around...but the chipset is important. I search more...

-7. I am not sure yet, what is on my priority to solve next, as there are no real issues, to fix. Wifi or BT are not neccessary, BT I do not use at all. (Fan-push/pull 3.rd fan installing, & case modding: hole for gpu fan).

-8. I enjoy my new Hackintosh, ....and enjoy...and enjoy;

thanks fo replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back