Register

Wifi Causes immediate crash Help

Motherboard
Asus x570 Tuf Gaming
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
I recently updated to 0pen core 0.9.4 from 0.8.3 and also updated the kexts files that needed updating using Ocat tools. I could not get back in mac after updating and it was crashing on the login screen, but this has now been solved by turning off my router! As soon as it tries to connect to the wifi it crashes! If I have no known network for it to connect to, it boots in to macos and everthing else is working as it should.

I can post error report but not sure how to remove personal data??

I have a Asus x570 wifi mother board, 6800xt graphics card, and a 5900x CPU on a duel boot system. I am currently running the latest verison of Montery and using the Airportitlwm kext.. The only part of the error report I understand says kernal panic Airportd listsed as the module problem. Any help appreciated :)

I recently updated to 0pen core 0.9.4 from 0.8.3 and also updated the kexts files that needed updating using Ocat tools. I could not get back in mac after updating and it was crashing on the login screen, but this has now been solved by turning off my router! As soon as it tries to connect to the wifi it crashes! If I have no known network for it to connect to, it boots in to macos and everthing else is working as it should.

I can post error report but not sure how to remove personal data??

I have a Asus x570 wifi mother board, 6800xt graphics card, and a 5900x CPU on a duel boot system. I am currently running the latest verison of Montery and using the Airportitlwm kext.. The only part of the error report I understand says kernal panic Airportd listsed as the module problem. Any help appreciated :)
zip and upload your EFI, remove your serial number first in your config.plist

Please see attached EFI with serial number removed from plist. Many thanks in advance for your help :)

Attachments

• EFI Broken backup.rar
    18 MB · Views: 21
Please see attached EFI with serial number removed from plist. Many thanks in advance for your help :)
Lilu.kext should be first in your list in your config.plist

would be worth using a different SMBIOS:
MacPro7,1

I have amended your 'Broken EFI' folder to work with your X570/5900x/RX6800 system.

When using this revised EFI, you need to add the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID data for a MacPro7,1 system definition to the revised config.plist. Don't make any other changes to the setup.
  1. Copy the revised EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive and boot from the pen drive to test the EFI.
  2. Don't replace your current EFI until you are sure the revised EFI works and boots without any issues.
  3. You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot with this revised OC setup.
    • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
      • This will unhide the tools and drivers contained in your OC setup.
    • Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi and the system should automatically reboot.
    • Select your USB pen drive from the system Boot Menu again, and
      • This time boot in to macOS Monterey using the revised EFI.
Post a photo showing the verbose text, if the system KP's.

Assumption is you have set your Bios to work with macOS.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 27
Thanks for this, I have downloaded it and will give it a try. Fortunatly I have a complete backup on an external drive so can test it on that first. I will add back the personal data to the new plist you provided, then use Explorer plus plus from windows to back up the current EFI on my external drive. I will then replace it with the new EFI you provided and boot from the external drive. Will report back ! Thanks again for your help guys..

I have amended your 'Broken EFI' folder to work with your X570/5900x/RX6800 system.

When using this revised EFI, you need to add the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID data for a MacPro7,1 system definition to the revised config.plist. Don't make any other changes to the setup.
  1. Copy the revised EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive and boot from the pen drive to test the EFI.
  2. Don't replace your current EFI until you are sure the revised EFI works and boots without any issues.
  3. You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot with this revised OC setup.
    • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
      • This will unhide the tools and drivers contained in your OC setup.
    • Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi and the system should automatically reboot.
    • Select your USB pen drive from the system Boot Menu again, and
      • This time boot in to macOS Monterey using the revised EFI.
Post a photo showing the verbose text, if the system KP's.

Assumption is you have set your Bios to work with macOS.
Sorry I have not come back too you with the results. I experienced a complete motherboard failure while trying to repair the fault. I now have a new mother board (identical to the last one) and have completed putting all the parts back in. Windows 11 boots fine, but hackintosh will not boot at all now. I think its because the new board has a newer bios and the settings are different.
I cannot remember what setting I had on the last the board or which revision of the bios I had, so again I am stuck. I will keep on trying the settings today and will try with the EFI you sent me to see if I can get back in.
Once again, thanks for your help.

Ps any bios setting for Asus Tuf x570 wifi from any one?

Back