Contribute
Register

Wifi cards, Motherboards and a question for Tony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
''
CPU
''
Graphics
''
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

http://goo.gl/TMSxI Firstly I need a wifi card for my next hackintosh and I found this which ships to NZ (where I live) and is cheap. But i'm wondering if it will work in a hackintosh? It has the right model number but it's titled "HP DV9000 BCM94321MC" Is the HP thing an issue? In the desciption it says "May be used in other computer system like Apple, Dell...etc with the proper drivers, software." But will it work in a Hackintosh?

Secondly i'm waiting a few weeks for the next customac builds to come out, specifically the next gen Pro build (the one replacing the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/Non M-SATA machine). It's worth it for me to wait as i'll use the HD 4000 chip for a few months until

A. Hackintosh's supports the 7850
B. I can get something 7850 performance and is supported
C. I'll use the 7850 under Windows and the 4000 under OS X

Is their a way to disable the 7850 under OS X so it doesn't kernal panic? Or will it just not be recognized at all so it has no issues? Because I don't do much that's graphic intensive under OS X but I game under Windows, so I could happily use the machine with no support for the 7850 under OS X, but I would find it annoying to need to pull out the card everytime I wanted to use OS X.

I want the Ivy hackintosh today but want to wait for the recommended build so I get something well supported, in an ideal world I would buy it (hackintosh) today and use Windows for a few weeks, but considering I don't know what they'll be using I want to wait. Please Tony, release them today as "what you should buy in a few weeks" builds. It would make my life so much easier! I get my computer sooner and something safe

Thanks

AMD HD7XXX series are not supported. Intel HD4000 either. This HP thing won't work, better to buy parts by parts, instead of a barebone PC.

I guess, Tony will release the CustoMac in July. I think it's a pretty optimistic calculation.

The changing beetween the graphicsa card and the IGP... you have to always disable and enable the IGP in the BIOS if you want work this way.

Mate94 said:
AMD HD7XXX series are not supported. Intel HD4000 either. This HP thing won't work, better to buy parts by parts, instead of a barebone PC.

I guess, Tony will release the CustoMac in July. I think it's a pretty optimistic calculation.

The changing beetween the graphicsa card and the IGP... you have to always disable and enable the IGP in the BIOS if you want work this way.

Maybe you misunderstood me? I'll wait until the 7xxx series are supported and if it turns out they never are i'll buy something around August for similar performance that is supported. I know the 4000 isn't supported (yet) and want to use Windows until it is. Strange that the HP chip won't work but it carries the same model number as the ? ones. Preferably want I want to do is buy the July (hopeful?) customacs now knowing that they aren't supported but have the stability of support later on (few months) and many people owning similar hackintoshes, hence why I was asking to Tony to release them now with the same old note saying that they aren't supported yet but will be. Is this not feasible?

Thanks

I think you will find your HP WiFi chip will work. I used one branded the same although I believe it was a 94322

simonhorsfield said:
Mate94 said:

Maybe you misunderstood me? I'll wait until the 7xxx series are supported and if it turns out they never are i'll buy something around August for similar performance that is supported. I know the 4000 isn't supported (yet) and want to use Windows until it is. Strange that the HP chip won't work but it carries the same model number as the ? ones. Preferably want I want to do is buy the July (hopeful?) customacs now knowing that they aren't supported but have the stability of support later on (few months) and many people owning similar hackintoshes, hence why I was asking to Tony to release them now with the same old note saying that they aren't supported yet but will be. Is this not feasible?

Thanks

Sorry, I've misunderstood the WiFi part. I thougt you want a barebone PC by the numbers that you gave. I haven't searched for it. :oops:

Tony won't recommend kind of builds that you mentioned. He won't do anything like this because the other people trust him and his recommendations. But on the blog there's early recommendations, that isn't suite you needs?

Mate94 said:
simonhorsfield said:
Mate94 said:

Thanks

Sorry, I've misunderstood the WiFi part. I thougt you want a barebone PC by the numbers that you gave. I haven't searched for it. :oops:

Tony won't recommend kind of builds that you mentioned. He won't do anything like this because the other people trust him and his recommendations. But on the blog there's early recommendations, that isn't suite you needs?

I would happily use the early recommended builds and I pretty much know what I want aside from motherboards. Are the early recommended builds the same parts he'll likely use for the actual builds? I'm wanting to know the succesor to the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 used in the current build. Would this likely be the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H? I'm talking Customac successor. I pretty much want to buy the next gen Pro Builds motherboard now and use Windows for a few months until it becomes the actual recommended build with great OS X support.

Do you follow?

Thanks for the help btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back