Contribute
Register

WiFi Card OOB + Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen (here on forum) some people are complaining about that specifi card (not)working with ML :/
I'm confused :/

Is there any other working solution?

Hey, can you copy the link where someone is saying that the card doesn't work in ML? As far as I've read, the only complaints are to do with wireless channels/routers etc which are not ML related issues. The alternatives are building your own airport card (don't have the link for it at the moment but just do a search, think it's a sticky), and ethernet.

Guys, I've found working USB Dongle: D-Link DWA121
If you ask me, Im happy :)

It costs me 14€ and it has official drivers...
It works... :)

I've finally removed my LAN cable ;)

D-Link DWA-127 usb WiFi card also works in ML. However, it doesn't work OOB; you have to install the Mac OS X drivers, and after that, you have to manually connect to the desired wifi network in every reboot (it's only a couple of clicks, but it's still a bit annoying). This is the card I was already using for W7, so I don't have to buy a new one :)

Does anyone know how the TP-Link TL-WN951N compares to the TP-Link TL-WDN4800? I assume higher number = better? Think I found the difference. WN951N is 300Mbps and WDN4800 is 450Mbs. I think the WDN4800 is OOB also.

Creepy avatar by the way, jpa. :thumbup:

Yes it is, WDN4800 is out of box and 34.99 at Tiger Direct right now.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! Where can y buy one of those? I live close to a frys... do you think they might have those there?

Yeah, Fry's carries them. Micro Center does, too (if you have one nearby).

unbelievable! OOB under 10.8 with z68-ud3h-b3.

price is not bad: 38 € / 47 $ in germany.

edit: in system preferences -> network my connection is identified as "bluetooth PAN" and not as "wifi". but everything is fine. is that a problem? how can I change it?

You may also want to consider a NANO USB (depending on your wifi needs a,b,g, or n) - take a look to this one from TP: TL-WN725N
Also from ASUS you could connect this via Ethernet: Asus WL-330N3G

Does TL-WN725 work native and be recognized with AirDrop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back