Contribute
Register

Wifi/Bluetooth card for Mojave with Handoff, continuity, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TommasoConti98, If the Fenvi card is too slow, then look at the TP-Link T9E AC1900 WiFi PCIe card and the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter. Both are listed in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, Accessories section. I've used both. The GMYLE will give you your continuity/hand-off.
Fenvi card? I found in is post that he have “a BCM94360CS2 (pulled from MacBook Airs) with an M.2 adaptor” that doesn’t have 5Ghz and it “is only capable of 867Mbps.”
I haven’t seen any fenvi card. Anyway I would like a card that integrates both wifi and bluetooh because I don’t have usb ports for external dongles
Thanks

I'm sorry, I saw only now that you said you had the card fenvi. does it work with mojave? and if so, does it work handoff, continuity and all the rest?

That's still only Bluetooth 4. It doesn't meet your requirements.

Also, BCM94360CS2 does 5GHz fine.

As far as I know, all the BCM94360 based cards are Bluetooth 4.x. None will give you Bluetooth 5.

BCM94360CSAX and BCM94360CD can do 1300Mbps because they have 3 and 4 antennas.

BCM94360 based cards can do 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi fine.

Apple switched to Universal Scientific Industrial 339S00428 00012021 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5. However, all the Macs that use USI Wi-Fi/Bluetooth have the chips soldered to the motherboards. I believe the last time Apple used separate cards for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth were on 2013 model MacBook Airs.

I am unaware of any M.2 cards that use the same USI modules.

I am unaware of anything that has similar levels of compatibility with macOS as the BCM94360 based cards and are available in M.2 form factor or the Apple 12+6 connector.

As far as I know, all the BCM94360 based cards are Bluetooth 4.x. None will give you Bluetooth 5.

BCM94360CSAX and BCM94360CD can do 1300Mbps because they have 3 and 4 antennas.

BCM94360 based cards can do 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi fine.

Apple switched to Universal Scientific Industrial 339S00428 00012021 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5. However, all the Macs that use USI Wi-Fi/Bluetooth have the chips soldered to the motherboards. I believe the last time Apple used separate cards for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth were on 2013 model MacBook Airs.

I am unaware of any M.2 cards that use the same USI modules.

I am unaware of anything that has similar levels of compatibility with macOS as the BCM94360 based cards and are available in M.2 form factor or the Apple 12+6 connector.
I do not need the bluetooth 5.0, I would just have a single card, which integrates both wifi and Bluetooth, with the 5ghz wifi, and support for handoff and continuity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back