Register

WiFi & Audio issues AMD system

Motherboard
Gigabyte X570S Aorus Pro AX (rev 1.1)
CPU
Ryzen 5 5600G
Graphics
> Need model name > See Forum Rules!
My WiFi module is MTK7921K. I can't find any kexts for this. But I meed my Wifi working. Please I need help. Please someone help me. Please. i am searching forums after forums for months but nothing. Please I need help.

My WiFi module is MTK7921K. I can't find any kexts for this. But I meed my Wifi working. Please I need help. Please someone help me. Please. i am searching forums after forums for months but nothing. Please I need help.
I'm pretty certain MediaTek WiFi / BT isn't compatible with macOS, you will have to change the module to either Intel or BRCM.

I'm pretty certain MediaTek WiFi / BT isn't compatible with macOS, you will have to change the module to either Intel or BRCM.
But isn't here any kind of patch that makes macOS think that its a Intel or BRCM module? I heard that MT USB modules works. Then Isn't there a way to fix my internal module?

But isn't here any kind of patch that makes macOS think that its a Intel or BRCM module? I heard that MT USB modules works. Then Isn't there a way to fix my internal module?
I really don't know, Ive never had to use a patch for WiFi. All I can suggest is research the issue, or swap out the module.

No, your Mediatek WiFi/BT card is a dead end. There are no kexts at all for any version of macOS for any MediaTek cards.

Replace the card with an Intel or Broadcom compatible card, or use a USB WiFi dongle. See the link below for inexpensive USB Wireless options.

No, your Mediatek WiFi/BT card is a dead end. There are no kexts at all for any version of macOS for any MediaTek cards.

Replace the card with an Intel or Broadcom compatible card, or use a USB WiFi dongle. See the link below for inexpensive USB Wireless options.

Then fix my microphone. AppleALC mic doesn't work with AMD. VoodooHDA was supposed to work but it is also not working. mic doesn't Work. My audio Codec is:
  1. Realtek® ALC1220-VB Audio CODEC
    * The back panel line out jack supports DSD audio.
  2. Support for DTS:X® Ultra
  3. High Definition Audio
  4. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
  5. Support for S/PDIF Out

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 12.30.06 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 12.30.06 AM.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 17
They, whoever they may be, say a lot of things, not all of them are correct or work for every situation.

If VoodooHDA works with your AMD system, then you are in luck. If it doesn't then you are out of luck.

There is no 'Fix' to be had for VoodooHDA.kext, it either works or it doesn't. Simple really.

Because your last post sounded so warm and fuzzy (read petulant and childish) I will add one more observation that you may or may not have undertaken or understood.

The assumption is that when you tried using VoodooHDA.kext that you removed/deleted AppleALC.kext from your OC setup. By that I mean actually deleted the kext from the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and removed the AppleALC.kext entry from the Kernel > Add section in your OC config.plist. As the two kexts are known to clash when both are employed in the same EFI. If that wasn't the case then you need to try using VoodooHDA.kext in the correct environment to see if it works with your Mic, i.e. with no other Audio kexts/fixes present in your setup. Also very simple really.

They, whoever they may be, say a lot of things, not all of them are correct or work for every situation.

If VoodooHDA works with your AMD system, then you are in luck. If it doesn't then you are out of luck.

There is no 'Fix' to be had for VoodooHDA.kext, it either works or it doesn't. Simple really.

Because your last post sounded so warm and fuzzy (read petulant and childish) I will add one more observation that you may or may not have undertaken or understood.

The assumption is that when you tried using VoodooHDA.kext that you removed/deleted AppleALC.kext from your OC setup. By that I mean actually deleted the kext from the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and removed the AppleALC.kext entry from the Kernel > Add section in your OC config.plist. As the two kexts are known to clash when both are employed in the same EFI. If that wasn't the case then you need to try using VoodooHDA.kext in the correct environment to see if it works with your Mic, i.e. with no other Audio kexts/fixes present in your setup. Also very simple really.
I disabled AppleALC. So I don't think there is any clash. Then I Installed Voodoo in Library/Extensions. Because OC doesn't load it. I tried with OC. So the problem is my mic shows up and also the volume slider but no input in heard by the mic. Completely silent.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 1.06.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 1.06.27 AM.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 1.07.25 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 1.07.25 AM.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 1.08.11 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 1.08.11 AM.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 13
Back