i7-8550U @ 1.8GHz Kaby Lake R
Graphics
Intel UHD620 + NVidia GeForce MX150 / 4k UHD
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
I was hoping to power through this on my own but I'm out of my depth and could use guidance.

I installed High Sierra on APFS on my Coffee Lake Spectre x360's SSD using RehabMan's installation instructions. I can boot from the SSD with clover. I am trying to proceed with "post installation activities" but am not sure if I have an underlying problem I should resolve first. Though I made one SSDT fix to disable NVIDIA, I have not done any other DSDT/SSDT patches that are part of post installation.

I installed BCM94352Z and had wifi briefly. I also had audio options in my sound control panel.

Problem: Now when I try to "Turn Wi-Fi On", nothing happens. I was going to proceed to put tape the suggested pins when I realized my audio options are not working either. Because of the audio disappearing, I'm trying to address that first in case it is an underlying problem that may also be affecting my wifi.

Problem reporting file attached. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 48
  • MacBook Air IO Reg Output.zip
    487.9 KB · Views: 52
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
  • RehabMan.zip
    80.4 KB · Views: 55
I was hoping to power through this on my own but I'm out of my depth and could use guidance.

I installed High Sierra on APFS on my Coffee Lake Spectre x360's SSD using RehabMan's installation instructions. I can boot from the SSD with clover. I am trying to proceed with "post installation activities" but am not sure if I have an underlying problem I should resolve first. Though I made one SSDT fix to disable NVIDIA, I have not done any other DSDT/SSDT patches that are part of post installation.

I installed BCM94352Z and had wifi briefly. I also had audio options in my sound control panel.

Problem: Now when I try to "Turn Wi-Fi On", nothing happens. I was going to proceed to put tape the suggested pins when I realized my audio options are not working either. Because of the audio disappearing, I'm trying to address that first in case it is an underlying problem that may also be affecting my wifi.

Problem reporting file attached. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

ACPI is not patched.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Thanks RehabMan. It hadn't sunken in that patching ACPI should occur at the beginning of the post-installation process.

Thanks RehabMan. It hadn't sunken in that patching ACPI should occur at the beginning of the post-installation process.

Correct _OSI handling (via "OS Check Fix" patch or _OSI->XOSI+SSDT-XOSI.aml) is often important to allow the WiFi to power up. Not always, but usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back