GA-Z170N-WiFi
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a PC with a Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WiFi motherboard with an Intel Wireless-AC 8260 M.2 2230 PCIe controller, which I'd like to upgrade.

I'd like to get the best possible Wi-Fi both on Windows and macOS Mojave, ideally with one chipset, or with two different if required.
  1. Is there a 1733Mbps M.2 2230 PCIe chipset working with both Windows and macOS Mojave?
  2. If not, what's the best M.2 2230 PCIe chipset for hackintosh?
  3. In the Buyer's Guide's Accessories section, there are brand names PCIe cards like TP-Link Archer, are they working out of the box on macOS?
Thank you in advance for your help! :)

Last edited:
I purchased a TPLink Archer T6E refurbished from the Microcenter store in my city. Shut my Hack off, plugged the card into the open full length PCIe slot, turned my hack back on and BAM! Searching for wireless networks....and there's your dinner...

...In the Buyer's Guide's Accessories section, there are brand names PCIe cards like TP-Link Archer, are they working out of the box on macOS?...
Yes, I've tested all of them. Although I use the Fervi T919 (hard to find) PCIe card in my newer systems, I liked the T9E card because it gives me a true ac1700 speed. But, the T9E requires a Bluetooth USB dongle.

A TP-Link representative told me which chipsets their Archer PCIe cards are using:
  • Archer T9E v1: Broadcom BCM4360KMLG
  • Archer T8E v1: Broadcom BCM4360KMLG
  • Archer T6E v1: Broadcom BCM4352KMLG
The Broadcom BCM4360 has been used in MacBook Pro from 2013 to 2015, that's why these cards are working out of the box.

I use the Fervi T919 (hard to find) PCIe card in my newer systems,
I discovered Fenvi while looking for a solution for my Continuity and Handoff needs. I like that they have their own website in English (albeit it's not working very well), their own AliExpress seller page, that they state the "hackintosh" compatibility in plain text, etc.

But you are right, it's harder to buy their products, because they're sold mainly on eBay and AliExpress, whereas brands like TP-Link are sold in some shops in our own countries.

I liked the T9E card because it gives me a true ac1700 speed. But, the T9E requires a Bluetooth USB dongle.
Can you get Continuity and Handoff working with a T8E or T9E and a branded Bluetooth USB dongle?

Anyway I have a GA-Z170N-WIFI motherboard, the only PCIe slot is already taken, so I'm looking for an M.2 slot solution to replace the Intel Wireless-AC 8260 M.2 card installed. It looks like I can use a MacBook Air BCM94360CS2 chipset with a M.2 adapter, but I'm still looking for testimonials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back