Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi (and Bluetooth) cards for laptops with Mac OS / OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that IS confusing! Last idea I have left is to boot windows, enable wifi, and shutdown with it being enabled. IIRC (it's been a while now) there may be some kinda switch that only windows can reach. Once set this way all is well...

Hopefully...
I have tried it already.
Wireless is always turned off whenever system starts up.

I have tried it already.

An old BIOS version? If that fails, project a probook shadow on the clouds to call for RehabMan. :)
Sorry if I could not help more.

An old BIOS version? If that fails, project a probook shadow on the clouds to call for RehabMan. :)
Sorry if I could not help more.
BIOS version F.40, I don't think it's too old for this case.
RM doesn't have 4x40 and this Broadcom wireless card, so I think I'm helpless. LOL
Hoping someone have resolved the same problem and visit this topic by chance.

This is what I got. In System preferences, wifi is off, but on menu bar it's already on. So confusing.
I read about replacing fanreset.dylib or covering pin 20 in wifi card, but I need you guys' advices first.
View attachment 68063

Is this a clean install with no tampering with the OS X wifi components?

Otherwise, looks like a configuration problem. Try removing all network devices from SysPrefs -> Network, reboot, then re-add them.

:D I got it work after uninstalling Avast antivirus.
However, the light of wifi toggle button always shows orange, and when I press it, it only disconnects the current wireless network, not powering off the wifi card.
And if I choose "Turn wifi off" in Sys Pref or menu bar, there is no way to turn it on again until restart. :banghead:
Is this a clean install with no tampering with the OS X wifi components?

Otherwise, looks like a configuration problem. Try removing all network devices from SysPrefs -> Network, reboot, then re-add them.
I don't remember tampering wifi components before, since I am not experienced.

Is there not any version of the 9280 that has bluetooth in it as well?

What's wrong with using the ar5b22? some threads at insanely seem to have it working

Is there not any version of the 9280 that has bluetooth in it as well?

What's wrong with using the ar5b22? some threads at insanely seem to have it working

AR5B22 is AR9462 wifi+bt. AR9462 (168c:0034) is not supported.

I have tried it already.

If I turn off wifi in Linux and then re-boot to Mac OSx, Mac OSx is unable to turn it on again, I don't know why this is the case, but it is a fact.

Try booting a Linux live disk to turn on your wifi card and shutdown with it still enabled. Re-booting in Mac OSx you should now have a working card.

Pete

Hi guys
I have a AR5B195 (wifi+bt) installed on an Acer 5472G, OS 10.8.5, no DSDT. I've managed wifi to work fine but I'm in trouble w BT, it doesn't work at all. I've tried different kexts with no results. Can someone please tells me which steps I have to follow?
Thanx

Edit:
solved with:
RehabMan Atheros
IOath3kfrmwr.kext

Hi guys
I have a AR5B195 (wifi+bt) installed on an Acer 5472G, OS 10.8.5, no DSDT. I've managed wifi to work fine but I'm in trouble w BT, it doesn't work at all. I've tried different kexts with no results. Can someone please tells me which steps I have to follow?
Thanx

Edit:
solved with:
RehabMan Atheros
IOath3kfrmwr.kext

Yes: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back