i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Remember the free upgrades from Windows 7 and 8 that MS offered two years ago ?

They are still in effect. If you have a valid 7 or 8 product key simply enter it on your Windows 10 install and it will activate.

So don't pay MS over 100 dollars for Win 10 Pro. If you don't have a product key already, buy a for parts Win7 Pro PC on Ebay that still has a readable and good key attached to it. There are literally millions of them available on Ebay for less than 30 dollars.
If you can't use it for parts or anything else recycle it. You'll have saved over 70 dollars on the cost of Windows 10 Pro.

Here's an example of one for $14.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optip...961024&hash=item4b291c4d9a:g:HrEAAOSwIwhWTLXL

Last edited:
Remember the the free upgrades from Windows 7 and 8 that MS offered two years ago ?

They are still in effect. If you have a valid 7 or 8 product key simply enter it on your Windows 10 install and it will activate.

So don't pay MS over 100 dollars for Win 10 Pro. If you don't have a product key already, buy a for parts Win7 Pro PC on Ebay that still has a readable and good key attached to it. There are literally millions of them available on Ebay for less than 30 dollars.
If you can't use it for parts or anything else recycle it. You'll have saved over 70 dollars on the cost of Windows 10 Pro.

Just something id mention. You can still upgrade to Windows 10 for nothing with this method. Take a look at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/acc...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-0FBZfNm6YPFXNhiu3o52rA)()

Remember the free upgrades from Windows 7 and 8 that MS offered two years ago ?

It doesn't even have to have an attached readable key code if it boots up or at least has a good drive installed in it you can extract the key code from the registry see here.

What if you don't use the assistive tech ? Wouldn't that be lying to MS ? :D

Well Probably. I used it to upgrade my Grandads machine. It doesn't do any checks. Thought id mention it anyway :D

It doesn't even have to have an attached readable key code if it boots up or at least has a good drive installed in it you can extract the key code from the registry see here.

Many of the salvage or for parts PCs don't have a hard drive or the drive may have failed. Would make it difficult to get the key.

Many of the salvage or for parts PCs don't have a hard drive or the drive may have failed. Would make it difficult to get the key.
True but there are plenty of drives for sale also without the rest computer for a very affordable price with windows still on them. Extract the code and then have an extra drive laying around and if there isn't anything on the drive well you bought just a drive for an affordable price. Win Win situation

Or you can buy a Windows 7 Key from Ebay. They're pretty cheap now. Then use the Key to upgrade to Windows 10. From my experience Windows 10 accepts Windows 7 and 8 Keys.

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 15.59.38.png

Or you can buy a Windows 7 Key from Ebay. They're pretty cheap now. Then use the Key to upgrade to Windows 10. From my experience Windows 10 accepts Windows 7 and 8 Keys.

View attachment 288552
Heck that's a real cheap method to go if it's not some crack, I have a friend who recycles PC so I can get my hands on those key codes for nothing. I would never pay for that crap OS anyhow, My Opinion here.

MS doesn't really care how you activate Windows 10 they just want you to use it so that they can make money off of you in other ways like advertising to you or selling your personal data. They should just make it completely free to anyone with Windows 10 compatible hardware. Do away with product keys completely. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back