Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I notice a number of builds, including golden builds, explicitly reference wifi versions of motherboards, but as afar as I can tell no motherboards have native working wifi/bluetooth, and it has to be added as a separate card. Is there a particularly reason why wifi version of mobos are being chosen or is it just coincidental with other desired features?

Hi,

I notice a number of builds, including golden builds, explicitly reference wifi versions of motherboards, but as afar as I can tell no motherboards have native working wifi/bluetooth, and it has to be added as a separate card. Is there a particularly reason why wifi version of mobos are being chosen or is it just coincidental with other desired features?

On some motherboards, such as the Z370-G board that I use, the included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card is indeed incompatible with macOS. However, the card can be replaced with one that will work with macOS.

Probably just coincidental - but if the wifi card can be swapped out for a compatible model then you don't need to use a PCIe slot on the board. There is also more Wifi type motherboards available today so your chance of seeing them is increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back