Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z270x-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1060 SSC
There once was a time when both AMD and Nvidia cards were listed in the buyers guides.
If AMD Cards are still natively supported how come they are no longer listed in the buyer guides?
After dealing with a 1060 install on high sierra and the nightmare that was Im thinking of switching it up as Im still having issues with that and the audio.

Popular question. The short answer is that the newer AMD cards are not yet supported natively in macOS, and AMD doesn't have Mac drivers like Nvidia. However, reports are from the Mac Pro community run the 10.13.4 beta releases are that the AMD RX 500 series graphics cards are supported with the Vega cards showing some support (but will probably get full support in 10.13.5).

Thanks for the update stork. You have no idea how many times you have helped me throughout the years. So thank you. ;) Ya man, this latest release of high sierra has been the hardest I've ever seen to build a hack on. Same hardware that worked flawlessly on sierra in high sierra wont run without issue after issue (and of course I lost my sierra usb) lol Im really hoping that an amd card will give me some relief.

And then there's the crypto miners that driven the high end AMD cards to twice their MSRP (retail cost). So, use of AMD graphics cards is also a wallet thing, too.

And then there's the crypto miners that driven the high end AMD cards to twice their MSRP (retail cost). So, use of AMD graphics cards is also a wallet thing, too.
Ahh... So true didn't even think of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back