Contribute
Register

Why Gigabyte mobos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kduvernay said:
CTgreen said:
Fair point, rcook55 But, quality is still a concern for me. Overall, I get the impression that Gigabyte boards are less-than-stellar on long-term reliability and customer service. At least from reading reviews from some of their products' pages. Quality & service are probably the two biggest concern I have when purchasing things -- especially electronics.

I'm an Asus Freak solely based on performance and personal preference. With that said, I have literally 100's of Windows workstations out there running Gigabyte boards because of cost and reliability. Matter of fact, I updated/replaced a few machines last week for a client that have been in service for over six years, so reliability is hardly a factor.

I have never been able to get Gigabyte to produce the wild OC's with stability that I achieve with Asus, yet overclocking is more of a game/hobby than a valuable asset. So weigh this discussion accordingly when making purchasing decisions... :beachball: To consider Gigabyte as a "B" class product is clearly an injustice...

Thanks for setting me straight kduvernay. :)

I appreciate everyone's input (well, almost everyone's :p) and think I'm gonna go ahead and use the recommended Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H for my Ivy Bridge build. Ease of use/installation certainly goes a long ways, and so long as they are a reputable brand I'm onboard (no pun intended).

Now to wait for the Ivy Bridge build guide... :beachball:

CTgreen said:
Now to wait for the Ivy Bridge build guide... :beachball:

Really there is little reason to wait, with this guide and a bit of reading you can have an Ivy rig today. I used the z77-ds3h board and a i5 Ivy chip, picked a vid card off the recommended list. The rest is really up to you. Just read that thread carefully and you'll be good.

rcook55 said:
Really there is little reason to wait, with this guide and a bit of reading you can have an Ivy rig today. I used the z77-ds3h board and a i5 Ivy chip, picked a vid card off the recommended list. The rest is really up to you. Just read that thread carefully and you'll be good.

Will do; thanks for the link! :thumbup:

I've been reading as much as I can get my head around (including the guide you linked to), but so much on this site involves knowing about other things on this site... :crazy: Not really sure where to start; just been reading pages semi-randomly as they come up.

I'll get it... eventually. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back