Not open for further replies.

Qel

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B360 PLUS
CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Hi, i have been following the blog and the P55 thread on insanelymac and all gets sooooo confusing, i still couldn't make my installation work with a gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 and when i get stuck at one point it cost me so much time to find the answer in the 75 pages thread of IM or the loads of comments in the blog. So, why don't we make a thread of Q&A? something like

Hardware: GA-P55M-UD2, i7 860 and ATI Saphire HD3870
Problem: A series of characters in the upper right corner instead of the loading bar when trying to start from the boot CD (better with a screenshot)
Solution: The SATA controller must be in AHCI mode

all of us have found some trouble that maybe have resolved trough trial and error, so, why don't we make it common and easy to find?

:mrgreen:

I like this idea- I've definitely explained the same fix more times than I can remember- I was thiinking of posting a general troubleshooting blog post, but didn't want people to get discouraged by any possible problems. When you lump issues all together it can seem like the process isn't worth it.

But like you said, small fixes in an organized way would be helpful. Here's one that seems common.

Hardware: Any P55 Board running 10.6.2
Problem: CPU is shown in About This Mac... as Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Solution: None yet- it's a good possibility that Apple will add this functionality to 10.6.3 considering the iMac i5/i7s will likely be on the same OS X version. As of now, they have a special build of OS X. Version 10C2234 vs. Version 10C540.

well let's see if someone can answer, right now i am stuck in

Hardware: GA-P55M-UD2 f7c, i7 860 and ATI HD3870
Problem: i can make the installation in my hard drive using usb method, but when starting again from usb or the cd loader gets stuck in appleintelcpumanagement for hours, i have replaced the mach_kernel trough the terminal in the installation of snow leopard, so, it might be some processor config or something related to the graphic card, started with -x -v busratio etc, none of this worked
Solution: ???

i hope somebody may help and qe add this to the topic of Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back