Contribute
Register

Why cd won't eject when pressing the button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp Probook 4540s
CPU
I5 3230m
Graphics
Hd 4000/ 7650 hd
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone

I have the pro book 4540s and have clover installed 10.9.4 . For some reason my cd won't eject when pressing the button but will eject from iTunes . Anyone knows why this might happen ?

Hi everyone

I have the pro book 4540s and have clover installed 10.9.4 . For some reason my cd won't eject when pressing the button but will eject from iTunes . Anyone knows why this might happen ?

It is just the way it is... I suspect Macs don't have physical eject buttons.

It is just the way it is... I suspect Macs don't have physical eject buttons.

Yes after some googling i realised that . Fortunately i noticed (after all that time) the eject shortcut that i never used next to the wifi icon , so that is a handy shortcut ;)

Yes after some googling i realised that . Fortunately i noticed (after all that time) the eject shortcut that i never used next to the wifi icon , so that is a handy shortcut ;)

Also, the Insert key on your keyboard is mapped to Eject (you must hold it to activate Eject).

Not sure if it works for 4540s, but you can hold fn + f12 to eject disk tray on 4530s.

edit:

Oh, and apparently Insert key as well.

I have 4330s and my eject button works (and always worked, as far as I remember). Is it possible only on 4x30 series?

I have 4330s and my eject button works (and always worked, as far as I remember). Is it possible only on 4x30 series?

It may depend on the specific DVD drive you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back